• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dog Soul Releases Strange Places: The Sensate's Retreat

Cathix

First Post
[imager]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/litlbeast/SENSATECOVER.png[/imager]
The Sensate's Retreat

The desert hides secrets beneath it; places unknown to the common traveler. Someone has built an underground warren of rooms, all with a specific purpose. The Sensate visits his retreat for days, sometimes weeks, reveling in the experiences each room incites, luxuriating in the pain and pleasure of it.

Ten rooms offer unusual experiences, serving as play areas for a very unusual man. For unwitting visitors, will these extreme sensations prove as diverting, or will they do irreparable harm?

In addition to ten new maps, The Sensate's Retreat introduces a new race, the nuur - a mermaid-like creature who forms partnerships (of various forms) with humanoid creatures.

-----------------------------------------------------

MATURE THEMES: The Sensate's Retreat contains content meant for a mature audience only.

webpreview2.png

Game Masters have the world on their shoulders. Literally.

While their players each have only a single character the portray, the GM must provide plot and personality for practically everyone else. And then there are the times when the players choose to go completely off topic. And the GM must carry on as if nothing is wrong, as if he has planned for every contingency.

In other words, he has to wing it.

Strange Places is meant as a tool to help busy GMs. The books - centered around intriguing, gridded maps - present unique and often bizarre snapshots of locales and odd places. These areas are provided with suggested background and description, but the GM is free as always to alter anything and everything to suit her purposes. The beautiful full-color maps have a 1” grid for use with miniatures are provided for each location. Blank versions of the maps are included for the GM's convenience.

Whether used as a last minute fill in the blank, or as the inspiration for a full blown adventure, Strange Places will become a tool usable by every GM.

For sale at Your Games Now, RPGNow, and DriveThruRPG

Last edited:

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Was this another slow weekend's worth of work at Casa de Dog Soul? ;)

Oh, and mature! Yep, I'm there.

(PS. You might wanna check out the flash preview at DTRPG, since it wasn't working and I was looking forward to it.)

Cathix

First Post
HalWhitewyrm said:
Was this another slow weekend's worth of work at Casa de Dog Soul? ;)

Oh, and mature! Yep, I'm there.

(PS. You might wanna check out the flash preview at DTRPG, since it wasn't working and I was looking forward to it.)

You know you have to stop buying our books; I'll send you one. :)

As for the flash preview; we use .zip files so that isn't an option. I've attached a preview for anyone who wants to take a peek.

-- from the sweat shop of Casa de Dog Soul

Attachments

• DGS385preview.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Remove ads