• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Donate Gaming Supplies to the Troops!

Trepelano

First Post
palleomortis said:
Where you headed? (And what's your branch, and job?)

I am in the Air Force Reserves. When I am not activated I work for the phone company.

I am a Comm/Nav technician. I work on radios, radar, GPS, and pretty much everything that transmits or recieves on an airplane.

I have been instructed by my superiors not to give out the exact location of my deployment. This is not because I do anything particularly "neat" or "extra secret" its just a general military policy regarding deployments to sensitive areas (pretty much anywhere in the Middle East is a "sensitive area" right now).

I can tell you that I am deploying in support of Iraqi Freedom, and I am going to the Middle East. :D

palleomortis

First Post
Trepelano said:
I am in the Air Force Reserves. When I am not activated I work for the phone company.

I am a Comm/Nav technician. I work on radios, radar, GPS, and pretty much everything that transmits or recieves on an airplane.

I have been instructed by my superiors not to give out the exact location of my deployment. This is not because I do anything particularly "neat" or "extra secret" its just a general military policy regarding deployments to sensitive areas (pretty much anywhere in the Middle East is a "sensitive area" right now).

I can tell you that I am deploying in support of Iraqi Freedom, and I am going to the Middle East. :D

I love you already. I just had a brother (21) leave for germany. He will be there for 2 years, workins as a load master for the air force. O, and one more thing, AIR FORCE RULES ALL!!!!!;) Note the avatar.:p

whydirt

First Post
Another question:

What's the most economical way to ship a bunch of heavy RPG books and used board games: the US postal service, UPS, FedEx?

I'd guess I have 20 to 30 pounds worth of materials I could ship (mostly hardback books, along with an unopened copy of LotR Monopoly that I'll never likely play), but I'm living on a tight budget. I've never had to ship large packages before. How can I best help out and get the stuff to the boys and gals out there?

Trepelano

First Post
USPS is probably the way to go. No matter how you send it - it will go to a military postal depot on the east coast and then it all goes the same speed.

Depending on what exactly you are sending, just ask the postal clerk what is cheapest. I know that if you send books and such, they have a "media" rate that is pretty cheap.

Again, your paying postage to the east coast, that is how they figure how much it costs. Once the military gets it, the rest of the ride is free.

RIPnogarD

First Post
Since I can't necessarily link this thread (membership stuff), Do you mind if I qoute your original message at a few othe sites I belong to? (That post is well written, and from a soldier.)

And BTW, thanks for serving! (from a vet)

DShadowKat

First Post
RIPnogarD said:
Since I can't necessarily link this thread (membership stuff), Do you mind if I qoute your original message at a few othe sites I belong to?

Same here. I belong to several other sites, that while they aren't gaming sites, do have a few gamers ...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads