• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Done with Master of Many Forms

Davmeister84

First Post
I'm currently running a Dru5/MoMF 10 in a campaign where I just recently finished out the PrC. The problem is that I don't know what to class into now.

I was thinking of taking 5 levels of War Shaper, but I don't particularly like it. Reaping Mauler would be nice if the grapple bonuses worked all the time, but it's only from Small or Medium and I usually Wildshape into something Gargantuan size.

Any suggestions?

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Yeah, absolutely nothing wrong with taking more base class levels. People use them little enough as it is anyway.

But, if you are set on a PrC and the shapes you take have a tendency to use similar strategies (like all grapple, or all have poor/high AC, etc) the Nature's Warrior (CW) can help specialize your shaping and counteract typical disadvantages to some shapes or really enhance advantages to others.

Wish

First Post
What's your objection to Warshaper? That's where my mind jumped immediately, but you'd rejected it by the end of your post. I've played with a Warshaper, and it's a very strong class.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
The Warshaper is nice but doesn't count for Wildshaping. Nature's Warrior has some nice bonuses, so that's where I'd go first.

SidusLupus

First Post
Not to derail the thread but a quick question about MoMF.

One of the 10th level abilities granted is the evershifting form that grants you the shapechanger subtype.

Does that mean that the MoMF can change shape unlimited amounts per day or are they still limited by their per day cap? Which at 10th is 11?

Also, why do you say Warshaper doesnt work with wildshape?

It specifically says in the requirements that Wild shape is an acceptable form of shapechanging. If wildshape doesnt cut it, you have to have the shapechanger subtype which 10th level MoMF grants you.

Personally I'd either pick up both nature's warrior and warshaper. Atleast 3 levels of nature's warrior for the extra ac and the extra damage while shaped and then all 5 levels of warshaper for all the goodies. If you went Nature's warrior 5 and Warshaper 5 you could come out with fast healing 5 and all sorts of good things.

Enkhidu

Explorer
SidusLupus said:
...Also, why do you say Warshaper doesnt work with wildshape?

I think what he actually meant was that Warshaper levels do not stack with Druid levels for the purposes of the Wildshape class ability, while Nature's Warrior does.

RigaMortus2

First Post
If you gain the Shapechanger subtype, perhaps there are some PrCs out there which require you to be a Shapechanger? Anything in Races of Destiny for example? Chameleon PrC perhaps?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads