Pathfinder 1E Don't Fear the Reaper - Interest Check (PF, psionics, modern tech)

kinem

Adventurer
Setting: Psign (homebrew)

Humans only, but this is not Earth. Modern technology or better (guns, cars, cell phones, airplanes, cybernetics, robots). Psionics (and alchemists which are considered psionic), but no other spellcasters. Magic items (considered psionic). Some undead, and constructs such as golems, but no other non-human sentient monsters (though there are rumors to the contrary so they could just be rare).

Alignments have no mechanical effects and can not be detected.

Lume: A mineable food source and psionic/alchemical power source. This is a fossil resource, and controversial, leading to population growth to a level that may be unsustainable when the mines run out.

[sblock=Lume uses]One lume lozenge (lumzenge) supplies alchemical sustenance (food) for 1 day (for a medium size creature), restores 1 power point (1/day), or lets an alchemist prepare an additional 1st level infusion 1/day. Price: 1 sp ($1).
Lume can also be made into an alchemical potion called Lumord that grants +2 str, +2 dex, and +2 con enhancement bonuses for 1d4 minutes to a living creature. The user is then fatigued for 10 min. Price: 50 gp ($500). Two doses (max) stack but after they expire the user must make a Fort save (DC 5) or suffer 1 point of permanent Con drain.[/sblock]
Histria: A land with a hot dry climate where significant lume deposits have recently been discovered. It has long been contested between the nations of Asania and Bellune; the locals have been demanding independence. Currently it is ruled by Bellune.

Recently, a rebellion has arisen, and terrorist attacks are on the rise. The most fearsome attacks have been conducted by the so-called "Iron Reaper", about which many rumors abound. Survivors report that this individual seems immune to all attacks (bullets, fire). He attacks with a scythe-like weapon but at improbably large distances, and leads other terrorists.

The other terrorists have been armed with AK47s, but recently a shipment of M72A3 LAWs (light anti-tank single use rocket launchers) has been stolen.

The PCs: Your small but skilled group has been assembled by the government of Bellune, specifically the Bellune Office of Special Security (BOSS), and assigned to find and kill or capture the Iron Reaper, with secondary objectives of finding out who it works for and minimizing friendly and civilian casualties.

4 PCs; 10th level, 25 point buy, 70,000 gp. 1 gp = $10 Bellunian.

Firearms: Simple weapons (guns everywhere):
Need a normal hit for normal damage (modern armor or natural armor); no misfires.
If the attack would be good enough for a touch attack but not a normal one, subtract the armor bonus as DR, and 1/2 of the remaining damage is nonlethal.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed

http://www.d20modernpf.com/

http://www.d20resources.com/

Last edited:

I thought the setting seemed great. I personally can't participate because I'm overbooked on obligations. My sense lately is that a lot of others may be in the same boat (overbooked).

Shayuri

First Post
Totally. I'm having enough trouble lately that I'm not even sure I can join that Banksian scifi game, and I -really really- want to do that.

It's not that it sounds like a bad game, Kinem...I just am running on vapors here. :(

kinem

Adventurer
OK, thanks. I posted a recruiting thread at GITP and got some players there. I would have preferred to run it here but the players here, though generally high level, are few in number and overbooked.

Unsung

First Post
Definitely a cool concept. Makes me think of Darker Than Black, and I'm a huge fan of that.

Seems like you're doing well on OotS. I'll be lurking!

Remove ads