• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Double weapons str bonus???

Drakeskull

First Post
When using a double weapon what are the str bonuses you add to your attack. Do you add full to both sides or 1 and 1/2 or do you get full to the primary attacks and 1/2 to the secondary? I cant find it. Im not sure if it considers the extra attacks as off hand or if the regular attacks are considered 2 handed since your holding it with 2 hands. Thank you for any help you may provide.

Wolf72

Explorer
Drakeskull said:
When using a double weapon what are the str bonuses you add to your attack. Do you add full to both sides or 1 and 1/2 or do you get full to the primary attacks and 1/2 to the secondary? I cant find it. Im not sure if it considers the extra attacks as off hand or if the regular attacks are considered 2 handed since your holding it with 2 hands. Thank you for any help you may provide.

double weapon using twf mode: x1 on side, x 1/2 on the other.

double weapon in TwoHanded mode: x 1.5

where is it? ... um don't remember (and I'm going on 3.0 info and the SRD)

italianranma

First Post
Under the Feat Power Attack it says that "(Normally you treat a double weapon as a one-handed wepon and a light weapon [assuming you use both heads in a round otherwise it's a two handed weapon])" While this can be taken to mean that in regards to the feat power attack the double weapon is treated as such, and that for your str damage you treat both heads as being two handed weapons, most DMs wouldn't see it. Personally I'm torn because one way it's too powerful, and the other you're basically wasting a feat for a cool weapon that isn't as powerful as some reagular ones.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads