Downloads updates - PWYW/Donations, Comments

MadBeard

Explorer
I noticed same thing as MPMB. Posts posted via Add comment don't have quote button and stuff like that. Also when adding a comment you don't have post/comment preview and you can't see other (previous) posts/comments like you have when adding a post on forum.
Which should be very nice to have if it's possible.

I second MPMB request to have chronological order from newest to oldest. Morrus, thanks in advance.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Couple more updates - a row showing the latest downloads across the top of the main downloads page (note that it only shows those with thumbnails), and a column on each category showing the number of comments.

You should not see the edit link on comments in the forum which were made on the downloads interface. Note that the rest of the normal "post" furniture is not there because it's technically not a forum post. I'll see if it's possible to get that added in.

You should not see the edit link on comments in the forum which were made on the downloads interface. Note that the rest of the normal "post" furniture is not there because it's technically not a forum post. I'll see if it's possible to get that added in.
Good to see that the "edit" link is gone, nice work! It is unfortunate that is not a 'normal' post, because now these posts are not showing up in Tapatalk, but this is a minor nuisance.

A bigger problem, however, is that when one of these 'comments' is the bottom post in a thread, the "+ Reply to Thread" buttons on the top and bottom of the page don't work. See for example: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?400044-MPMB-s-D-amp-D-5e-Character-Tools/page118

Would it maybe be an idea to replace the functionality of the "Add a Comment" link with that of the "+ Reply to Thread" button? That way any 'comment' would function just like a reply to the thread, eliminating all the issues in one fell swoop. But probably this is not possible, or you would have done so already.

Thanks again for all the hard work Morrus!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Good to see that the "edit" link is gone, nice work! It is unfortunate that is not a 'normal' post, because now these posts are not showing up in Tapatalk, but this is a minor nuisance.

I have no control over Tapatalk, I'm afraid. You'd need to ask them about that.

Remove ads