• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Downloads

Sage

Explorer
Hi, I'm Sage

I make the Sovelior/Sage SRD (link in signature)

I was thinking of uploading it to you downloads section.
I want to know if I am able to replace the file later on (like when I update the srd I can remove the previous download and put up the new one)?

Also, if enworld still hosts sites and would host the srd I'd be very happy ;)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You can put up a new one; I think that I or one of the mods will need to remove the old one for you. The downloads section is in need of a revamp, to be honest!

As for hosting - well, I decided to stop hosting sites per se quite a while back. I certainly wouldn't object to having your SRD actually on/integrated into EN World, but I don't see how that would benefit you. But if you think it could benefit you somehow, drop me a line.

Sage

Explorer
Morrus said:
As for hosting - well, I decided to stop hosting sites per se quite a while back. I certainly wouldn't object to having your SRD actually on/integrated into EN World, but I don't see how that would benefit you. But if you think it could benefit you somehow, drop me a line.

frankly i'm not plussed about my current hosters :(
www.systemreferencedocument.com never checks his e-mail, so it'll take weeks from I finish an update till it gets uploaded. And since my working on the srd comes in waves I want it up during a wave too :)
plus the site has a low bandwith limit and apparently can't handle my site even though it's mostly text.
srd.pbemnexus.com puts those weird hosted signs on the top and adds on the bottom!
plus he hasn't uploaded the update I sent him half a week ago, not even replied to the e-mail.

So, I would like a new host, maybe one where I can upload the thing myself. And enworld seems the perfect place.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, like I said, I've gotten out of the actual hosting business. However, I'd be more than glad to give you access to "part" of EN World which you could update yourself easily. It wouldn't be a separate website, although it'd still be yours. As an example, look at the way EN Publishing is integrated.

Sage

Explorer
Enpublishing seems "surrounded" by the rest of the site (not to mention the fact that it's built in style with the site). Would my srd be surrounded in the same way or were you reffering to the URL?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The colours are just colours. In fact, ENP used to be a different colour scheme. I'm not sure why we changed it back to black.

The "surround" is composed of modules, each with its own on/off switch. If you look at ENP, for example, you'll see that there's a different module arrangement (not drastically different, but different nonetheless). In your case, I imagine you'd switch 'em all off, unless you particularly liked a couple of them.

The only thing that can't be changed is the header (from the navbar up) and the very bottom. The colours etc. can be changed, but the basic layout of it is constant. In that regard, you're no better off than you are at http://srd.pbemnexus.com/.

Sage

Explorer
Sounds good to me.

The thing that ticked me off most was the adds at the bottom as I like to keep the srd free as well as add-free.
Also the fact that the headers (and adds) came up without prior warning at some point.

Having the header thing might even be useful here at enworld.

If you can manage it I'd like an easy url www.enworld.org/srd or something like that.

I'd really appreciate you hosting the srd :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK then - drop me a line sometime over the next couple of days and we'll figure out exactly how it could work. Might need to try and co-opt Michael Morris for a couple of hours to help get it set up (see if he can whip up a style which matches your current scheme).

Sage

Explorer
Cool. I'm going to bed now (it's 3 in the morning here)

Should I contact you by e-mail or just continue posting on this thread?

Good night

Remove ads