• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Downtime

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
So considering we've just finished the 1st mod I thought this would be the perfect time for me to get in a little bit of downtime.....possibly.

The problem is however our lack of money. Does anyone know the mechanics of skills like craft and profession with regards to time spent and profit?

It's probably a long shot but I thought I'd ask seeing I'm still shy about 31g to scribe just the 1, 2nd level spell, (bloody 100g/page cost bah!).

The scribing of the one spell is going to be fine however I have a feeling that trying to earn enough to scribe any more would take forever?

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Ask and ye shall recieve! :)

SRD - Professions said:
Check: You can practice your trade and make a decent living, earning about half your Profession check result in gold pieces per week of dedicated work.

Same goes for craft skills.

So, it's only a TN of 62 for the 31 gold. :)

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Thinking about it, we could practice our adventuring skills - you know, kill things and steal their stuff... the town does seem to be fairly well populated right now?

Or more seriously, we could try getting some local adventuring work before moving on? Sure we could all do with some ready cash to burn?

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
Yay! I shall sing and play, and people can give me money for making their town a more aggreable place!

(Read: begging for money, only with tunes)

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
On the topic of magic item making - xp costs.

There may come a time when Al takes Craft Magical Arms & Armour, and Steve already has Craft Wondrous Item.

When we get to the stage of wanting to make stupidly powerful magical items, the rulebook says that xp is paid by the person making the item.

Would it be possible to have this cost paid by the person who the item's being made for?

For instance, if Doug asks Al to enchant his +1 sword to +3, it sees a bit mean for Al to spend something like 640 xp for someone else's benefit.

Could we twist it so that Doug would have to be present during the crafting and he could pay the cost (in that example, not generally Doug has to pay for everyone)...

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Good idea Nik, I totally agree that Doug should pay all xp costs for item crafting. I also believe he should pay all gp costs :D

Anyways Nik does make a good point and when Doug is wanting that vorpal double hard bastard bane weapon I really don't think Al is going to want to shell out for that!

Last edited:

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Oh, I don't know! We could come to some other arrangement. Double XP shares for me perhaps? :)

Sounds like a very good idea. TBH, it's my preferred method of doing things... just makes thouse feats much more attractive to share.

Remove ads