• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Draconomicon goodness

Malk

First Post
So i just recently picked up my copy of the Draconomicon, and it has sparked, really sparked my interest in running a game again, i havnt been able to play for almost a year because i moved to a new state and im having one hell of a time finding a stable gaming group. Now comes this book chock full of dragon goodness, and it makes me want to run a game based around, or themed by dragons in some since. Ive been thinking a bit about it and the first thing to really pique my intrest is a sample dragon they put up who is a young female silver dragon who moves around in the form of an atractive human female...she is very flirtatious and i think she would be a fun npc to play around with for a while.

So i was just wondering if all you creative minds out there would be so kind as to throw out some ideas, sort of a dragon theme brainstorm.

Jolly Giant

First Post
My first idea was for a vampiric shadow dragon with levels of shadow dancer... I'll be using him as a "power behind the throne" in a thieves guild consisting largely of shadowdancers. The dragon is the guilds REAL leader, but he uses one of his dominated victims as a front, keeping unwanted attention away from himself. Even among the guild members only a select few are aware of the dragons existence...

rpgHQ

First Post
We use elements of the Dragonstar setting by FFG, the draconomicon is chockful of goodies to apply to that setting. The concept of the setting can be applied to a single world campaign without the tech flavor pretty easy. A dragon empire where each of the major dragon types rules for 1 thousand years each. In the setting all the metallic dragon Houses have already ruled and its the chromatic dragons turn and the Red Dragon House currently rules the empire and its a few decades now into their rule.

Impeesa

Explorer
A nice epic one that I've always wanted to use is a draconic demilich. All that remains of his body would be his upper skull. It would be perched atop the head of his thrall, another dragon. I can only imagine how long it would take my players to figure out why this dragon wouldn't stay dead, why it's so powerful, and what that nasty-looking bone helmet he's got really is. :D

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads