• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon #308 previews new ranger and barbarian!

I think fighters will stay cool. They're still getting their bonus feats, which means that they can get combat abilities sooner, and generally better, than classes with those abilities as class abilities -- and since you can pick every feat, they're the ultimate in customizable character.

When 3E says "options, not restrictions" I think fighter.

kenjib

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:

Good point. How exactly would I explain this to my players? You just dissapear? Your ranger abilities allow you to bend light?

This is D&D. Rules first. Flavor later. Just make something up post-facto like everyone else has done so far.

Stalker0

Legend
Olgar Shiverstone said:
I think fighters will stay cool. They're still getting their bonus feats, which means that they can get combat abilities sooner, and generally better, than classes with those abilities as class abilities -- and since you can pick every feat, they're the ultimate in customizable character.

When 3E says "options, not restrictions" I think fighter.

Also considering rangers not get less hp and no heavy armor, I think the fighters will do just fine.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
This is excellent news. At last the ranger is a class which defines its own niche!

I can hardly wait to play one...

Thanks Thalmin

Nebuchadnezzar

First Post
Holy cow, I thought the barbarian and the fighter were even in 3.0! My first impression of the new changes is that the barbarian kicks the fighter's arse, unless Greater Weapon Specialization adds A LOT of damage.

Aww, I really liked the fighter :(

Last edited:

Remove ads