• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon 367 - Realmslore: Hall of the Frostmaiden

Shroomy

Adventurer
I didn't see any threads about this article, so I thought I'd start one. IMO, its both well written and very interesting even if you aren't a fan of the Realms. The winter hag is a nasty piece of work and I'm excited by several monsters (winter wolves, frost worms, etc.), races (avariels), and concepts (astraljamming, the Queen of Air and Darkness) being definitely introduced to 4e.

Jeremy757

First Post
I didn't see any threads about this article, so I thought I'd start one. IMO, its both well written and very interesting even if you aren't a fan of the Realms. The winter hag is a nasty piece of work and I'm excited by several monsters (winter wolves, frost worms, etc.), races (avariels), and concepts (astraljamming, the Queen of Air and Darkness) being definitely introduced to 4e.

I have a frostburn/heroes of horror game so I was thrilled to see the winter hag.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Though for the life of me I can't understand why they combined the QoAaD with Auril when they were never the same being and had distinct and different histories.

I just like the fact that the goddess of evil fey is known as the Queen of Air and Darkness, which I find to be an especially evocative name. I'm in no way attached to past canon.

Remove ads