• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon 398: Rituals Index

Mentat55

First Post
The Rituals Index article is up (behind the DDI paywall).

My first comment, based on a very shallow skim, is WOW, there are a lot of rituals. The article is 22 pages long -- 13 pages are devoted to a list of rituals broken down by category and level (and include key skill, component cost, market price, a brief description, duration, and source), 7 pages are devoted to the same list of rituals (with only name and level), but this time organized by "reference groupings", which basically describe the general utility of the ritual. Examples of reference groupings include Detain/Restrain, Foil Communication, and Shelter.

Martial practices and alchemical formulas are included.

Chronosome

First Post
"Wow" is right! It never seemed to me there were this many. Handy reference.
They should put the description lines in the Compendium.

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
Chris Sims can't get enough praise for all the ungodly ammount of work he did here!

Y'know, the ritual table reminded me a lot of 1E/2E spell lists...

Colmarr

First Post
This article is genuinely useful to both players and DMs, in nearly every campaign out there. Fantastic stuff.

QFT. The second list (sorted by groupings) is the sort of thing that an amateur fan would become an overnight celebrity for preparing. It'll make things soo much easier when figuring out what rituals you want to investigate.

Having seen that list, I don't think I'd be overly concerned if WotC never published another ritual. There are tons of the things. Of course, I'll be less impressed if continue to hide rituals' very existence from new players, a la the Essentials books.

The templar and the arcanist will have ritual caster as bonus feat... lets see what happens... (not hoping a lot... but maybe they will get some bard like advantages for rituals... which will in turn make them useful again compared to the mage and warpriest...)

Remove ads