• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon #400

I don't see anything about the warlock, but I see this:
Class Compendium Playtest: The Scoundrel
By R&D Staff
Class Compendium takes a fresh look at the versions of the fighter, rogue, warlord, cleric, and wizard that were originally presented in the 4th Edition Player’s Handbook. In this article, we’ll be proposing some changes and giving you the opportunity to send in your feedback. This month we present the scoundrel rogue.

A playtest? That's interesting. Will the CC: Cleric article become a playtest now, retroactively? :angel: ;)

Zaran

Adventurer
Dannager said:
Holy. Crap. This month's online content is going to be insane. Dragon is packed - even though some of it is reprints of classic articles from way-back-when, everything new looks amazing (and hey, more themes!). Dungeon also looks great - two full adventures, an Eye On article for all three campaign settings, a conversion article (seriously?!), and bestiary goodness (updating Monster Manual creatures to MM3 standards? Rad).

And this doesn't even include the huge amount of free stuff they're supposedly putting up according to the calendar.

What makes you think they are full adventures? They call 2 encounters an adventure now.

Colmarr

First Post
Battle cleric options?

I'm torn between the need to squee and a feeling of dread that thousands of voices are about to cry out in terror and be suddenly silenced.

Think positive, Colmarr. Think Positive. I'd be happy if they only gave me two things: an option to use Strength for Healer's Lore (without spending a feat; a la swapping channel divinities for Healer's Mercy) and a version of Priest's Shield that is useful. Those two changes would go a long way to reinventing the battle cleric. Of course, more enabling riders on other powers would be great too.

I will say one thing, though. If the options for the Battle Cleric are significant and well-designed, it will go a long way to quietening my fear that legacy 4e will never get support from WotC.

Last edited:

Aegeri

First Post
Welcome back Dungeon and Dragon.

You've been missed.

I am especially excited if the update articles are going to become a regular thing. It would be great if they started on Metallic Dragons.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads