• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon 427 posted and Upcoming Hiatus

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
It would be nice if they actually told 4E fans what the plan is regarding the immediate (12 months or so) future of 4E/DDI support, but, well, WotC never tells.

I find this ironic in a thread about WotC telling us their plans.

4e content support in Dragon and Dungeon is ending in December.

I expect the last Tools update will be 2-3 months after that like normal for the last year or so. Updates happen every 2 months. The next would be October.

At Gen Con they said DDI would continue past the launch of D&D Next which is by any realistic timetable is at least 10 months out. Beyond that I think it really IS up in the air.

Cybit

First Post
Other reason is that way the tools team can start working on the 5E version of Character Builder / Compendium / Monster Builder / etc. They can keep the tools running, but removing the "new content to update every month" part will save them time.

RaeneJagad

First Post
Wow I'm glad I let my yearly sub end at the end of August as our group is transitioning to Next using the play test rules. Just couldn't justify another year with no steer from WotC as to future content.

Weather Report

Banned
Banned
Dragon started to go south for me when they slapped that "100% Official Content!" malarkey on it.

I sincerely doubt it will ever come back in print format.

pemerton

Legend
I'd be very surprised if they started priting the magazines again, given that magazine and newspaper publishers the world over are folding and trying desperately to find viable digital subscription models.

Remove ads