• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Age

Armadillo

Explorer
The magic preview is now up:
http://grfiles.game-host.org/dragon_age_rpg/dragon_age_preview_2.pdf

Key points:
- Mana points of 10+Magic+d6 at start and Magic+d6 per level
- You can cast in armor but have to pay more mana to do so
- Three spells at start
- Five suggested builds using different choices for the three starting spells

Spells listed among the builds:
- Arcane Bolt
- Daze
- Drain Life
- Flame Blast
- Glyph of Paralysis
- Heal
- Heroic Offense
- Mind Blast
- Rock Armor
- Spell Shield
- Walking Bomb
- Weakness
- Winter's Grasp

Roman

First Post
The magic preview is now up:
http://grfiles.game-host.org/dragon_age_rpg/dragon_age_preview_2.pdf

Key points:
- Mana points of 10+Magic+d6 at start and Magic+d6 per level
- You can cast in armor but have to pay more mana to do so
- Three spells at start
- Five suggested builds using different choices for the three starting spells

Spells listed among the builds:
- Arcane Bolt
- Daze
- Drain Life
- Flame Blast
- Glyph of Paralysis
- Heal
- Heroic Offense
- Mind Blast
- Rock Armor
- Spell Shield
- Walking Bomb
- Weakness
- Winter's Grasp

Thanks for the preview!

It looks fairly consistent with how things work in the computer version of Dragon Age - the differences there are being appropriate for a PnP ruleset. I hope the game is OGL and based on d20 (without the no-longer existent d20 license of course), since I don't particularly want to learn an entire new ruleset from scratch.

Roman

First Post
I don't think the setting of Dragon Age is uninspired. For me, it strikes a very good balance between the familiar and the inclusion of new twists (or combinations of old twists) and works very well.

Plus, of course, the game is just purely excellent! :)

Thanks for the preview!

It looks fairly consistent with how things work in the computer version of Dragon Age - the differences there are being appropriate for a PnP ruleset. I hope the game is OGL and based on d20 (without the no-longer existent d20 license of course), since I don't particularly want to learn an entire new ruleset from scratch.
My understanding is that it is a completely new system, but it is intended as a starter game, so the rules should be relatively light and easy to learn.

Engilbrand

First Post
I looked over the system. I'm not a fan. It seems similar to some of my preconceived notions of previous editions of D&D.
Certain aspects seemed overly complex. You have 8 stats, and each of those has a laundry list of substats which seem to be like skills. The things that you do are based off of the substats. Different spells work off of a different substat. I don't know. It was a brief look.
There's also a lot of randomization. 3d6 in order for abilities. Roll 2d6 on this chart for other things about your character. Blah blah blah.
I enjoy looking at different systems and trying things out. Like I told my friends, I would be interested in playing this once, but there's no way that I would sign on for a full campaign.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads