• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Creation

Krishnath

First Post
Magus: The dragons Frightful Presence is explained in the intro to the dragon entry in both the monster manuals and Monsters of Faerûn™. But I'll write it for you anyways. The range is 30' x dragons age category. The DC is equal to dragons HD/2 + 10 + Dragons Cha mod.
Drakes usually do not have age categories. See my Mistwood Drake for an example.

Any more questions?

Later,

Last edited:

Magus Darkholme

First Post
Huh, boy do I feel like a horse's ass :D . I can't believe I missed it. Thanks for pointing it out though.

I kinda figured that drakes didn't have age catagories, but I wanted to make sure.
Besides, I've been pondering the idea of making a few drakes with some age catagories, maybe 5 catagories or so: drakeling, young, juvenile, adult, and old.

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Magus: Well I did say that they usually don't have age categories. But take Boz conversions of the Demon Drake and the Crystal Drake (as well as their kin) as an example of drakes with age categories. I think you can find them on the Creature Catalog, or by browsing through this forum... :D

Buddha the DM

Explorer
I thought that was abundantly clear on that already.. I am looking for guidelines on creating True Dragons from scratch. A most prefered method would be a pick and choose type list of features & abilities.

Remove ads