• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

dragon disciple question

Kapalen

First Post
At level 10, a DD gains dragon apotheosis. From the SRD

Dragon Apotheosis: At 10th level, a dragon disciple takes on the half-dragon template. His breath weapon reaches full strength (as noted above), and he gains +4 to Strength and +2 to Charisma. His natural armor bonus increases to +4, and he acquires low-light vision, 60-foot darkvision, immunity to sleep and paralysis effects, and immunity to the energy type used by his breath weapon (see above).

First and foremost, a half dragon gains +3 LA. IF someone gains 1oth level in the PrC do they get the LA? Because they're also supposed to get stat boosts such as +8 STR, but the DA from 10th level also adds 4 STR, so does he gain +12 STR and 3 LA or just a halfdragon type descriptor(like i think).

Infiniti2000

First Post
Kapalen said:
First and foremost, a half dragon gains +3 LA. IF someone gains 1oth level in the PrC do they get the LA? Because they're also supposed to get stat boosts such as +8 STR, but the DA from 10th level also adds 4 STR, so does he gain +12 STR and 3 LA or just a halfdragon type descriptor(like i think).
No, do not add a LA. Also, only add what the apotheosis says to add, nothing more.

Kapalen

First Post
Infiniti2000 said:
No, do not add a LA. Also, only add what the apotheosis says to add, nothing more.

Thanks, this is what I thought but a friend of mine refuses to believe this, now that YOU say it, I'm sure he'll change his mind.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
After taking 10 levels of DD, your total Str bonus is +8 (just like the template grants). Likewise for other abilities -- the totals are in line with the template.

DD do not suffer LA.

Cheers, -- N

LordBOB

First Post
Kapalen said:
Thanks, this is what I thought but a friend of mine refuses to believe this, now that YOU say it, I'm sure he'll change his mind.

Man you have GOT to be full of it. you know, just as well as i do, that he WILL continue to BIT** and Moan about the whole thing!!

Shroom got so mad after i told him that he couldn't be a lv.20 Rogue AND a lv.20 druid ( b/c of a hat of Difference) so he got piss** and hung up on me.

Oh well

Cabral

First Post
The Dragon Disciple is basicly a Prestige Class version of monster classes presented in Savage Species. Fore reference, look at this break down of the Minotaur.

Basicly, you take longer to gain the full effects, but in return you have some extra features and full HD. The Dragon Disciple replaces the process of taking the template at character generation and you do not apply the LA.

LordBOB

First Post
Cabral said:
You see a kitten with a sponge ball in her mouth meowing, wanting to play fetch ... Make a Will save versus Cute; DC 40

* fumbles on the will save and is over come with cuteness......ultimately pucking my guts out and dying a horribale miserable death *

LordBOB

First Post
bonus spells

as a DD gains levels, you also gain bonus spells. It says that if you have more than one class than you have to pick where the bonus spells go.

In the Discription is doesnt talk about (as far as i could tell) what you do with the bonus spells if, lets just say, your a straight SORC.

You get a total of 7 bonus spells by the time you reach 10th level.

I guess what im trying to ask is........do you have to pick what level the Bonus Spells go to perminantly, or do you get to float them around all the time not having to pick a certain level for the spells?

THANKS!

mikebr99

Explorer
LordBOB said:
as a DD gains levels, you also gain bonus spells. It says that if you have more than one class than you have to pick where the bonus spells go.

In the Discription is doesnt talk about (as far as i could tell) what you do with the bonus spells if, lets just say, your a straight SORC.

You get a total of 7 bonus spells by the time you reach 10th level.

I guess what im trying to ask is........do you have to pick what level the Bonus Spells go to perminantly, or do you get to float them around all the time not having to pick a certain level for the spells?

THANKS!
When you get a bonus spell... you permanently pick where it stays.

Mike

Remove ads