• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Dragon] Dragon #306 Survey

Jesse Decker

First Post
We've just posted a survey about Dragon Magazine on the Paizo site. Please stop by the site and give us your feedback.

Just head to www.paizo.com -- the link to the survey is at the top of the news column on the right.

Thanks,

We appreciate the feedback.

Winterthorn

Monster Manager
I did my "duty" as a consumer...

Gee, it was a long survey (18 pages!)...

I took the time to note the kind of questions that were asked. It's pretty clear to me this survey will be useful with respect to the charges for advertisers. The more Paizo knows about what readers want, the clearer their pricing strategy becomes. For example, if reader interest in console games is very high (there's a big section in the survey on console and PC games), then Paizo can increase the cost for Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft (Xbox) to advertise in Dragon...

I guess I'm stating the obvious... LOL (I thought the questions on income, how we spend our money, on what products, for which hobbies, monthly estimates on our habits, and other related questions were all rather telling about the purpose of the survey--at least to me.)

It was interesting that very little of the survey was concerned with the specific content in Dragon magazine--just a few questions on #306, and IIRC two on general Dragon content. I made the point of checking Scalemail, Editorials, Fiction, Silicon Sorcery and the Soap Box as least interesting to me; while DM's Toolbox, Dungeoncraft, House Rules, Bestiary, and new spells as most interesting to me. (That's what I remember of it as I write this.)

I think the survey was a good business move--but whether smart decisions are made as a result of it, that's another story... (RE: all the art controversy of late.) I hope Paizo really "listens" to the readership on content and art! And whether we are content with the future of things or not, we, as individual consumers, can always vote with our wallets! :) (I do all the time.)

"Survey says..." I think it would be really, really interesting if Paizo were to publish results of the survey for all of us to see! That would be :cool: Would, in fact, such sharing of results could avert much "nashing of teeth" in the future? I think so. At a minimum, publishing the results of the survey could tell me about where Dragon may be heading with respect to content--and then I could make some better decisions: subscribe, just buy or ignore all together.

But alas, that may be wishful thinking on my part... LOL

-W., :)

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Okay, that survey made me feel really... old. :)

The only good thing about getting old: you get to check a box much further down the list when they ask "annual household income?" ;)

Olive

Explorer
Jesse: i havn't done this because i'm in australia.

any chance you'll leave it up long enough for people who aren't US based subscribers to fill it in?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads