• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Heritage

Turtlejay

First Post
This is a driving-in-the-car/thinking-in-the-shower type thing, I haven't really thought it out past the fact that it would be cool flavorwise, and it would not be terribly overpowered IMO.

Dragon Heritage [Dragonborn]
Prerequisite: Dragonborn, dragon breath racial power
Benefit: Choose another type of damage. Your dragon breath racial power now does that type of damage

I thought it would be cool for a dragonborn warlock to be able to do necrotic damage, or a dragonborn paladin to do radiant damage, or whatever. It may not be too broken to allow the new dragon breath to do both types, the one chosen at character creation and a new type. I would guess that any resistances to either type would apply, as well as any vulnerabilities.

I am not too married to it, so feel free to rip it apart if it sucks.

Jay

FireLance

Legend
There's a very similar feat (Adaptable Breath) from the Ecology of the Dragonborn article on the WotC site.

There's also a feat that allows you to mix two damage types (Admixture Breath), but it's Paragon tier.

That said, Adaptable Breath only allows a dragonborn to select from acid, cold, fire, lightning and poison. There's some scope for a radiant or necrotic breath weapon, but perhaps the prerequisites should be slightly stricter, e.g. must have a power that deals radiant or necrotic damage.

Remove ads