Dragon+ Issue 11

The new issue of Dragon+ is here. "Join us for a holiday and crafting special as we roll up our sleeves for a D&DIY extravaganza, showcasing some of the best arts, crafts, and DIY projects inspired by Dungeons & Dragons. We also have an exclusive look at the new Aberrations and Undead deck expansion for Tyrants of the Underdark with Gale Force Nine’s John-Paul Brisigotti, and some special...

The new issue of Dragon+ is here. "Join us for a holiday and crafting special as we roll up our sleeves for a D&DIY extravaganza, showcasing some of the best arts, crafts, and DIY projects inspired by Dungeons & Dragons. We also have an exclusive look at the new Aberrations and Undead deck expansion for Tyrants of the Underdark with Gale Force Nine’s John-Paul Brisigotti, and some special insights into the brand-new Rock Paper Wizard card game with WizKids’ Zev Shlasinger. Then mapmaker extraordinaire Mike Schley talks about the passion and the process that underlie the cartographer’s art. Our look at some of the best D&D-inspired homebrew projects also highlights plenty of resources to get you started on your own D&DIY. Doctor Robert J. Lang and The Paper Magician author Charlie N. Holmberg discuss origami and paper magic, and we look at Wizkids’ new line of Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures as we show you how to bring your own minis to life. And in a blast from the past of Dragon magazine, prepare to craft the ultimate D&D paper castle as we return to the glory and majesty of Great Stoney! All this, plus hints and tips on holiday-themed projects from Wizards’ very own Emi Tanji, the Best of the Dungeon Masters Guild with Jason Thompson’s Priestess, the art of Volo’s Guide to Monsters, and all our regulars like Unearthed Arcana, Maps of the Month, Video & Audio Highlights, and more!"

[h=3]ISSUE 11 FEATURE CONTENT[/h]
  • D&DIY -- We take a look at some of the coolest D&D homebrewed crafts and projects D&D fans have created, with plenty of resources to get you started on your own crafting journey.
  • Volo's Guide to Monsters Concepts -- Just how was the art for Volo's Guide created? The art team of Kate Irwin, Richard Whitters, and Shawn Wood are here with the answers.
  • Dungeon Mapping -- Master cartographer Mike Schley discloses the art and science of great map making.
  • Return to the Steading -- In our latest fiction piece—in this season of giants, we return to the home of the renowned hill giant chieftain.
  • Dragon Magazine Throwback -- Prepare to craft the ultimate D&D paper castle, as we reveal the glory and majesty of Great Stoney!
  • What's in Your Bag? -- We asked you what strange items might be found in a giant's bag? You've surprised and delighted us with your answers.
  • Creating a Cartoon -- Wizards' very own Emi Tanji on how to create D&D holiday-themed arts and crafts.
  • Expanding the Underdark -- Gale Force Nine's John-Paul Brisigotti gives us an exclusive look at the Tyrants of the Underdark expansion decks.
  • Paint by Numbers -- Ever wanted to paint your own minis, but wondered how to get started? Well wonder no more, bring your miniatures to life with this Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures tutorial.

Barantor

Explorer
I might be wrong, but I believe that the Map of Hochoch is from the Greyhawk adventure in Dungeon about the aftermath of the Giant invasion into Geoff. Basically it's an "Against the Giants" update for Geoff.

Gotta love any Greyhawk stuff you can get.

Neil Bishop

First Post
I might be wrong, but I believe that the Map of Hochoch is from the Greyhawk adventure in Dungeon about the aftermath of the Giant invasion into Geoff. Basically it's an "Against the Giants" update for Geoff.

Gotta love any Greyhawk stuff you can get.

Nope.

It's from the Backdrop: Hochoch article in Dragon 418 as has already been pointed out. It was for 4E but was edition neutral.

Hussar

Legend
OLD STONEY!!!!!!!!!

This was one of the first Dragon Magazines I ever bought. This just makes 12 year old me sit up and salivate. I SOOOOO want to try building this again, after making such a hash of it the first time around. SO SO COOL!!!!

BTW, for those of you wanting to print stuff, if you use the mobile app, you can email any article to your inbox and that emailed article is a pdf which you can cut and paste from. A bit kludgey but, it does work fine.

CapnZapp

Legend
Is there any way to save a portion of these or copy and paste them? I want a copy of that "What's in the Giant's Bag" d100 table.
This is what a simple copy paste gives me:

d100 Item
1 An angry groundhog.
2 A spool of greasy, fouled rope used as dental floss.
3 A set of nesting dolls in the image of giants, carved of wood (hill), obsidian (stone), ivory (frost), steel (fire), silver (cloud), or coral (storm).

Isn't this what you wanted?

(You do need to use a web browser, you probably can't do this from an app)

Copy/paste doesn't work for me in either Firefox or Chrome: I simply cannot select the text. Annoying. I've just sent them an email about the Giant Sack article, asking if we can either have the ability to select the text, or at least a PDF copy of the article, stating that I'm keen to use it, but having to open the app, find the right issue, and navigate to the article in question during play is so impractical that I'll simply not use it.

CapnZapp

Legend
Copy/paste doesn't work for me in either Firefox or Chrome: I simply cannot select the text.
I can't be sure why I can copy w/o issues, but try the RightToClick Firefox extension.

(I have a few extensions to get rid of internet annoyances, and this one is the only one I can think of that could be the one that solves this for me)

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Are there any freebies in this issue? Some of the previous issues have offered free adventures, etc., with a special code from Dragon+.

Remove ads

Remove ads