• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Magazine #337 details?

Hellcow

Adventurer
Frukathka said:
Umm, what the heck does DDM stand for?
Dungeon & Dragons Miniatures, I believe.

Personally, I can't wait to see how the art for the Lords of Dust article turned out...

(Edit: check it out - three posts on the same subject all posted at 8:30!)

griff_goodbeard

First Post
Keith,

Loved the LoD article, though I was surprised that you stat'd out the Rajahs. I think I remember reading in the AKB thread that you said you weren't going to do that. Is that something WoTC wanted you to do, or was that your choice?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I don't suppose someone will give me some idea about the stats and/or suggestions for the Lords, IE like who is who and what not...

Details on Zuggy's most recent activities, also a plus

And yes, details about Dragon #338 wouldn't be TOO much right?

Hellcow

Adventurer
griff_goodbeard said:
Loved the LoD article, though I was surprised that you stat'd out the Rajahs. I think I remember reading in the AKB thread that you said you weren't going to do that.
I see it like the Lord of Blades - if you like the approach I've taken you can use it; if you don't, you can go another way. Furthermore, there's nothing saying that all rajahs are alike; given their primal and mysterious nature, there could be another five that have a completely different level of ability than the ones I've presented here. One of my main motivations for providing stats was to give at least some indication of relative strength: to make clear that we are talking about beings with a divine level of power, not simply rakshasa with a few extra hit dice.

This does not reflect an overall change to a philosophy of "everything needs to be defined!" I have no plans to ever reveal the cause of the Mourning, and like I said, if someone else wants to use archdevils or demon princes as rajahs - or something of their own design - more power to them. But a lot of people have said "Eberron doesn't have epic level challenges!" - and I wanted to show that there are horrors in the darkness, and to give those people something to sink their teeth into.

KenM said:
But does it have to be a female drow with big breasts standing next to a sports car? ;)

Just for posterity, I'd like to register my vote as YES.

There's an old comic book maxim that putting a monkey on the cover increases sales by 50%. If Dragon still ran April Fool's issues, I'd be tempted to propose a Drow Pirate vs Monkey Ninja article.

Hell, I'm still tempted to propose a Drow Pirate article. "Scourges of the Midnight Seas". I like it.

Patrick Y.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Keith,

Since I have you on this thread, PLEASE answer this question!

If I'm a Githzerai paladin of the Silver Flame...and I want to annihilate Xoriat from existance... is a) possible and b) what level should that be?

*thinks that should be an epic level challenge*

Remove ads