Dragon Magazine & Dungeon Magazine on CD

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Samothdm said:
...more importantly some of the comics stuff which ended up in legal action. Part of the settlemen on WotC's part was to allow one particular publisher to use the official "Dungeons & Dragons" logo on their products, even though those products were not part of the official product line.

Kenzer? I barely know her!

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Piratecat said:
So here's a question: how much would such an (awesome) product cut demand for current Dungeon Magazines and other adventures in the market?

I have the Dragon CD-ROM and I still subscribe to Dragon.

I honestly have no idea if it would cut demand or not, other in the sense that any product cuts demand for others of its type. But I just thought I'd offer that data point.

Samothdm

First Post
Piratecat said:
Kenzer? I barely know her!

You've officially made my list of "People Who Make Jokes That Are Very Obvious And Yet Still Make Me Laugh Myself Silly". My wife and I make that particular joke (words ending in "er") on a daily basis. It's not funny any more to our friends, but it still makes us crack up.

Back on topic - I have the CD-Rom Archive and really enjoy it for some of the earlier issues that I don't have, but I still pick up the "hard-copies" if I find them on-sale anywhere just because sometimes it's easier to read.

If Paizo came out with a CD-Rom Archive for Dungeon and Dragon to account for the issues not already included on the current CD-Rom, I'd buy it, and I'd still continue my subscriptions. They'd have to get rid of that whack interfact, though, and just to with a standard PDF format.

BlackFalconKY

First Post
I'd love to see Dragon on CD. I'd love to see new issues of Dragon released as PDFs as an option in the future. I have the entire bottom of a closet filled with boxes of old Dragon and Dungeon magazines. I can't/don't use them because it is such a hassle to get to them and I'm running out of space for the new issues. A PDF version would let you store them on CD, DVD, or whatever. As much as I love getting that new issue of Dragon in the mail, I'd pay even more for a subscription if they'd just email it to me.

The fact is, now that I'm "all grown up", there are just limits to how much space I can devote to my D&D stuff. Before much longer, if any gaming product isn't in PDF format, it won't be bought by me! I suspect I'm not alone.

Charles Plemons

Remove ads