• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Mountain

damitjimmii

First Post
Has anyone seen a conversion for this box set? (Dragon Mountian). I'm thinking of converting it to Eberron but would love to have a head start if someone has done a 3E or 3.5 convert.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
These threads have been popping up for years and I haven't seen a conversion yet. :uhoh:

Amaranthine

First Post
Map to Dragon Mountain

My main issue with the internal consistency is that the Mountain was stated to never arrive in the same place twice. Yet, if I remember correctly, the entire premise is that the PCs aquire a map to where the Mountain was previously so that they can enter when it shows up again.

damitjimmii

First Post
Haha, y, it's kinda cheesy story. but the maps are great, the concept has some good potential, it just needs someone with some talent (writing) to punch it up and clean up the inconsistancies.

I've decided that instead of converting it, I will do a "Return to" type sequel. I've worked out a plot line that includes what would happen when a cheesy but nasty THAC0 dragon shows up in a D20 plane/time/world where dragons are bit more hands off. I figure she's defeated multiple sets of adventures and extra planer being, so I've given her XP for that and pulled some ancient artifacts into the world with her, who knows how they will work here :).

I'll start posting my campain log or maybe get one of the players to do it. (I sometimes share too much :-/)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Amaranthine said:
My main issue with the internal consistency is that the Mountain was stated to never arrive in the same place twice. Yet, if I remember correctly, the entire premise is that the PCs aquire a map to where the Mountain was previously so that they can enter when it shows up again.
I think you're taking what people say too literally. It's like saying that lightening never strikes in the same place twice. It really can, but it's not likely.

dammitjimmii, tells us where/when you post the log, and/or give/show us your materials! That'd be interesting to see. :)

Mortis

First Post
I too would like to see a conversion of Dragon Mountain. Preferably an epic level version - but that's asking a lot. :heh:

Regards
Mortis

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i think in 2E, the DM had us make up 17th level characters, so maybe early epic level stuff isn't too far off the mark. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads