D&D 5E Dragon+: Q&A with Jeremy Crawford, 10/30/18

Nate1970

Explorer
The PHb Beast Master says..."If you are incapacitated or absent, the beast acts on its own, focusing on protecting you and itself." .. Seems they're trying to clarify that a bit. Ultimately, if the PC Ranger isn't around to command the animal, it's up to the DM to decide what the animal is going to do.

Sacrosanct

Legend
The worst thing is that he doesn't appear to realize what a corporate tool he comes across as.

Have you ever met him? OR talked to him? The guy is a legitimately good guy who has a sincere passion for the game. I'm lucky enough to live in the PNW, and my good friend and current group member gamed with him in high school. So maybe I'm a bit biased. But he's not here to defend himself, and you constantly take pot shots at him and insult him whenever you aren't getting your way.

Knock it off. It's unacceptable and every personal insult is without merit. Quite frankly, between the two of you, he at least took his passion for the game and is doing something about it other than incessant complaints and insults on a forum board.

5ekyu

Hero
yeah part of the odd and generally all over the place rules for that section that has tended to bother me and convince me to run it as a beast except when commanded (dominate) or convinced (advantaged animal handling) was the seeeing nod to cannot attack unless ordered **except for** an attack of opportunity which it can do without orders.

So that Ao exception if also taken with the cannot attack on its own interpretation would lead one to a situation where a companion could be assaulted and battered and not able to attack back *unless and until* the enemy ran away without disengaging.

That violates my "stupid rule" which says if i would feel stupid as i as a Gm would feel stupid explaining a rule and how it works to my players then i wont use that rule.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
If they're going to make changes via errata, I wish they'd make sorcerers' know spells equal to their level instead of petering out at higher levels.

Remove ads