• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Queen!

SnowRaven

First Post
humble minion said:
For those of you buying individual boosters, it's worth noting that it turns out, due to problems in China, that the boosters with the blackguard on nightmare box art will never contain huge rares. So stick with the Dracolich or Tiamat boosters and you'll up you chances of getting rare huges from 1/3 to 1/2...
Unless of course you're looking for uncommon huges or medium rares. :)

Merifluous

Explorer
Anyone seeing a lack of stirges? I'm hearing at my local shop that they are much more difficult to pull than most rares...

I got an eldritch giant and tundra scout in my 1st case...waiting for gencon to buy the second case and pick up whatever I am lacking.

Kunimatyu

First Post
I got a bunch of stuff coming from Auggies, but I went out and bought a pack of WotDQ today anyways -- I pulled an Aspect of Tiamat and a Nightmare on Blackguard. I'm happy :)

Glyfair

Explorer
I've had some good luck in pulling huge rares right now. Out of 4 boosters (only pulling the top boosters off the shelf) have 4 huge rares. Have 2 Eldritch Giants, though (along with a Tundra Scout - and the Paizo Sorcerer on Black Dragon).

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Merifluous said:
Anyone seeing a lack of stirges? I'm hearing at my local shop that they are much more difficult to pull than most rares...
I am not seeing the stirge being any harder to pull than any other uncommon, just much harder to trade for. Many DMs want a swarm of them (me too), so extras are hard to come by.

Talgian

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
I'll order a full set on Ebay in a month or two after the budding dies down a little. Done that with the last two sets, and it's much easier (and cheaper) than buying cases and trading. But I did buy one box, just for kicks. Pulled an Eldritch Giant. :) Very nice, the paint job on him is excellent.
How much do you find this normally costs?

-Talgian

Kae'Yoss

First Post
thalmin said:
I am not seeing the stirge being any harder to pull than any other uncommon, just much harder to trade for. Many DMs want a swarm of them (me too), so extras are hard to come by.

I only got two out of 4 cases. Of course it's probably bad luck, but still.

RolandOfGilead

First Post
Bought one box, first pull, and woohoo!
D-R-A-C-O-L-I-C-H!
Very happy.

I want some elementals and a purple worm or two tho.
Anyone got a spare purple worm to sell?

Darth K'Trava

First Post
thalmin said:

I was able to get two of them out of the two cases I'd bought. And they go for a decent price on ebay, more than the average uncommon fig fetches. Especially for multiples (most I'd seen auctioned was 5).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads