• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon racial enemies

Wikidogre

First Post
ok, i dont have my mm on me and i cant remeber which dragons are racial enemies of each other,,,,,,ie i know read and gold, but what are the rest.........?

thanks

peace

Epametheus

First Post
I'm probably actually going back to 2nd Ed. with this, but basically, dragons that live in the same geographic regions are enemies.

Reds are enemies with Golds, Silvers, and Coppers.

Blues are enemies with Brasses.

No one gives a damn about the Whites, as they can't even handle the frost giants.

Greens generally fight with Hill Giants and Elves (the former want to eat their children, and they want to eat the latter's children).

Bronzes fight with krakens, sahuagin, and other evil oceanic races.

Blacks live out in the swamps, and there apparently isn't anything else good enough to compete with black dragons that likes to live in the swamp.

Silvers probably don't get along with evil Cloud Giants, though the Cloud Giants probably know better than to mess with silver dragons.

The universal natural enemy of dragons is adventurers.

Saint Brendan

First Post
From the MM:
Known varieties of Dragons fall into one of two catergories: chromatic and metallic. Chromatic are black, blue, green, red, and white; all evil and extremely fierce.
Metallic dragons are brass, bronze, copper, gold, and silver; all good, and usually noble. (p 61)

Present dragons keep to themselves and only cooperate under extreme circumstances. Good dragons never associate with evil dragons, though there are exceptions with neutral aligned dragons.
Gold dragons associate with silver dragons.
Evil dragons that encounter another type of evil dragon usually fight over territory, whereas good dragons try to resolve there differences peacefully (p 63)

Remove ads