• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Slave

Aleolus

First Post
Great, now I can't stop statting up anime stuff. Here's Lina Inverse's Dragon Slave. Comments and suggestions, people!

Dragon Slave
Evocation
Level: Sorc/Wiz 9
Components: V, S, XP, Special
Casting Time: 3 full rounds
Range: Sight
Target: Any
Duration: Instant
Saving throw: No
Spell Resistance: No
This is quite literally one of the most powerful spells in existence, being capable of decimating a small city in one strike. Casting this spell requires three full rounds, using verbal and somatic components. It also costs 9,000 XP points, and uses up all available spell slots for the day. If you prepare spells, this means that you lose any prepared spells you haven't cast as though you had, minimum of one spell for every spell level. If you don't prepare spells, this simply means that all your spell slots for the day have been used, minimum of one spell slot from each spell level. After casting this spell, the caster must succeed on a DC 30 Fort save or become fatigued.
When this spell is cast, you pick any one creature or point you wish, and fire it in that direction. It travels quickly, striking the target within one round, and detonates, dealing 300d12 damage to every creature and object within a 1/d4 mile radius, including the caster, if applicable. Anyone who is killed by this spell is permanently destroyed, as per the Disintegration spell. A Wish or Miracle spell can allow a creature to survive, leaving them with 1 hit point.

Last edited:

DungeonMaester

First Post
Over nine thousand is from DBZ, but exist as a parody.

Some guy: It's over nine thousand!

Other guy: What nine thousand?

All I know of Dbz is that one line.

---Rusty

Blackmage

First Post
This spell is overpowered even for an epic spell. The Wrath of God does 300d6s of damage to a specific target and 100d6s of unavoidible damage to you and thats a really powerful epic spell.

Maldor

First Post
this should be a epic spell and i suggest it do someting like a disintgate on many target no save but touch attack then 40d6 in a 100ft radius (ref 1/2, SR apleys) around the target if you miss the target still must face the 40d6.

Jades Ditoyr

First Post
There's a spell out of Lost Empires of Faerun that does more. Less damage, but more "stuff". Its a tenth level spell. They also include the spell seed version of it. I'd just use that spell.

BUT, to go towards your post more, and setting aside that it is far too powerful for a nineth level spell, I'm just going to play the semantics game.

Loosing your other spell slots - this is a nice touch. I love giving up spell slots to do really cool stuff. BUT, for a spell to just require that you loose all spell slots for the day you need to clarify a bit more. Can I cast all but my one ninth level spell slot and cast this one?

Maybe fuel the spell with other slots. For every four spell levels sacrificed, it deals +1d12.

Fort Save or become Fatigued - Ha! Real spell casters would use a Fort Save or die spell. It should always make things like this easier if you have a chance of dying. Even if you die, you should pull it off. Fatigued, meh.

"Range: Sight
1d4 mile radius, including the caster, if applicable" You don't need to mention the caster. The spell would say if he was exempt. And when ISN'T the caster within 1d4 miles of the target of his spell?

A wish spell or miracle to survive - when can I cast this? Chances are, I don't know the spell is about to be cast. Hell, chances are, I'm an innocent bystander walking by 1d4 miles away! This little caveat is unnecessary. You'll never (and when I say never I mean rarely) get a chance to see a wish spell save somebody's life like this.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads