• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Dragon Sorcerer Draconic Wings and Magic Robes

Undrhil

Explorer
Good morning!

My character recently received a Robe of Scintillating Colors. He also recently became a level 14 Dragon Sorcerer!

The Draconic Wings feature says that armor or clothing not designed to accomodate the wings might be destroyed when I manifest them. Are magic armors and clothing immune from this?

Magic items are described as being extra durable, so they probably won't be destroyed by the wings. However, the magic items won't magically create openings for the wings, so trying to deploy the wings while wearing a suit of magical armor would surely be quite painful for the sorcerer!

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
What does your DM say? Because frankly nothing any of us thinks about the situation matters in the least.

From where I sit, the rules are clear: if your robe wasn't designed to accommodate the wings, it could be destroyed if you manifest them. Will it be? Ask your DM.

FarBeyondC

Explorer
Good morning!

My character recently received a Robe of Scintillating Colors. He also recently became a level 14 Dragon Sorcerer!

The Draconic Wings feature says that armor or clothing not designed to accomodate the wings might be destroyed when I manifest them. Are magic armors and clothing immune from this?

No, however...

Wearing and Wielding Magic Items said:
In most cases, a magic item that's meant to be worn can fit a creature regardless of size or build. Many magic garments are made to be easily adjustable, or they magically adjust themselves to the wearer.
Rare exceptions exist. If the story suggests a good reason for an item to fit only creatures of a certain size or shape, you can rule that it doesn't adjust. For example, armor made by the drow might fit elves only.

Sounds like magic items that are worn adjust themselves to the wearer by default, unless something in the story suggests otherwise.

neogod22

Explorer
I was about to reply but FarbeyondC hit it on the head. Magic armors and robes will adjust to the wearer, unless they specifically say they won't (i.e. if an armor can only be attuned by a specific race).

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads