• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Dragonix's Deadly Denizens has been unleashed at DriveThruRPG!

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
DDD August 2023 Issue Art Preview #4: It's been quite a long while since I've shared a preview of an NPC artwork. Here's the Reaver, a barbarian-type NPC that can frighten those near it when it rages. You've seen a version of it with Volume I's abyssal ogre. Should make for a good boss fight if you ever need a barbarian villain.

Reaver.png

Zaukrie

New Publisher
For DM's Guild, at least, yes. Before 2023, each title in the top 10 hottest meant it was earning at least $300 a day for the past 60 days. To be in the Top 1-3, your book would be earning at least $600 daily for the past 60 days. For this year, that average has steadily gone down, to just around a third of that. So yeah, it has been trending down.

Yes, it definitely started with the OGL backlash. I think nearly half of the casual DMG consumers have shifted to trying out other systems.
My tiny little company has seen a very similar decline. Also, nice to see what a top product makes! Thanks for the openness.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
DDD August 2023 Issue Art Preview #4: It's been quite a long while since I've shared a preview of an NPC artwork. Here's the Reaver, a barbarian-type NPC that can frighten those near it when it rages. You've seen a version of it with Volume I's abyssal ogre. Should make for a good boss fight if you ever need a barbarian villain.

View attachment 290908
"Look, I know we're in a fight to the death, but can we just take a break and talk about your fitness routine? Are you paleo, keto?"

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Deadly Denizens August 2023 Last New STL Preview: The Half-White Dragon Frost Giant STL is coming out next month!
I mentioned last month that this 75mm STL be the last new one I'll have (until I find a new 3D artist, at least). So starting in September, I'll be rotating in one previously released STL for the Legendary Tier. That is, in addition to, another set of creature statblocks with its own artwork.
Oh, and I'll have one more art preview coming out early next week. Expect the new issue to arrive sometime in the 2nd week of August.

Half White Dragon Frost Giant STL.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
DDD August 2023 Issue Art Preview #5: Here's the final art preview for August and it is, of course, the Blackscale Kobolds. They should make a good combo with this month's Black Wyvern. Expect the new issue to come out before the end of the week!

Blackscale Kobolds.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
DDD September 2023 Issue Art Preview #1. Just like the two previous months, we have another chromatic wyvern initiating the art previews for next month's issue! It's the Green Wyvern this time, and it will be the first of what will nearly be a set of Forest/Woodlands denizens!
Green Wyvern.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
DDD September 2023 Issue Art Preview #3: This week's next woodland denizen preview is the Huldra, a dryad-like creature from Scandinavian folklore. The huldra preys on mortals who venture into her woodland domain. She enthralls them with her beauty and music, making them approach her. Once a victim is close and vulnerable, the huldra's back opens like a hollow tree. Gnarly roots extend and crawl from within to ensnare the huldra's prey. Once the huldra secures the target, the tips of the roots, like sharp needles, pierce the victim's flesh. The huldra then uses the roots like grisly siphoning tubes, draining the blood of her victim until she has satisfied her hunger.

Huldra.png

Remove ads