• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Dragonlance Adventure & Prelude Details Revealed

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it. https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1372-running-a-session-zero-for-dragonlance-shadow-of This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is...

Over on DND Beyond Amy Dallen and Eugenio Vargas discuss the beginning of Shadow of ther Dragon Queen and provide some advice on running it.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.27.17 AM.png

This epic war story begins with an invitation to a friend's funeral and three optional prelude encounters that guide you into the world of Krynn. Amy Dallen is joined by Eugenio Vargas to share some details about how these opening preludes work and some advice on using them in your own D&D games.

There is also information on the three short 'prelude' adventures which introduce players to the world of Krynn:
  • Eye in the Sky -- ideal for sorcerers, warlocks, wizards, or others seeking to become members of the Mages of High Sorcery.
  • Broken Silence -- ideal for clerics, druids, paladins, and other characters with god-given powers.
  • Scales of War -- ideal for any character and reveals the mysterious draconians.
The article discusses Session Zero for the campaign and outlines what to expect in a Dragonlance game -- war, death, refugees, and so on.

There are many versions of Little Red Riding Hood in print and film. Not all of them will be true to the version you loved as a kid. If you got upset by them I wouldn't have much sympathy about that either.
This.

I hated how the Lord of the Rings movies handled the siege of Helm's Deep and the character of Denethor, and my mental image of Boromir and Faramir will always have dark hair. But I still loved the Lord of the Rings movies, and I reckon Arwen replacing Glorfindel in the first movie was a really good choice and improved the flow of the story.

Reinterpretations giveth as well as taketh away.

mysticflame

Villager
That's a holdover from 1e, when character death was an expected event.

I think it's simply a reference the it's possible for PCs to die. But it's also possible to play the game in such a way that PCs do not die - for example if you have very young or traumatised players.

From the article:

I.e. PCs can die (if rarely) on "normal difficulty" but you can also play on "easy difficulty".
this makes sense to me. Especially considering the lighter tone of dragonlance, they may be trying to add an easier, more kid friendly experience in addition to regular play.

darjr

I crit!
6C4C6046-C1CA-42A1-821E-6C31DAF47954.jpeg

Become a curious

Kender and discover forgotten secrets

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Because doing evil or good is less important than keeping ALL magic alive. The Wizards of High Sorcery is not a good organization. You want it to be something it's not.
Right. The organization itself is neutral or perhaps lawful neutral. It's all about the balance of magic and keeping renegade wizards from disrupting or destroying the balance of magic. The orders within are good, neutral and evil. If you get rid of evil wizards and magic, then the balance is disrupted and that would be very bad.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads