• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragons and Outsiders

klofft

Explorer
I'm running a moderately dragon-heavy campaign, and I was thinking of making dragons native outsiders. However, I decided that I didn't like the mechanics for the native outsider type (which is, on many counts, just a weaker version of the dragon type).

So I thought about making dragons both: dragon and native outsider. However, I can't recall what OTHER effects this may have on the dragon. I see the dragon gaining more liabilities than assets: two kinds of favored enemy would apply, two kinds of bane would apply, etc.

Could someone with a more comprehensive knowledge of both types let me know if the dragon would gain any ASSET from having both creature types?

Thanks in advance.
C

Kularian

First Post
Here's pretty much what dragons would gain by also having the Outsider[native] type:

More skill points: Dragons get (6 + int mod) per level, x4 at first, while outsiders get (8 + int mod) per level, x4 at first.

If it's in humanoid form, or a human-shaped dragon, it gains weapon proficiency with all simple and martial weapons, and whatever type of armor it's wearing, including lighter types.

That's really about it, so I think it would be worse for the dragons, IMO. Then again, I don't know how many take Favored Enemy: Outsider[Native]...

Hope that helps.

Remove ads