• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragons: MM2, etc.

Knight Otu

First Post
As far as I can see, you don't have the Scalamagdrion yet (the page is messed up from this computer):

Scalamagdrion, Large Dragon, 10 HD, Usually N, CR 7, Magic of Faerun, page 188.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
The Sigil said:
Shameless plugging over. ;)

--The Sigil

For now, I've just included the Enchiridon -- I'll get to free downloads/conversions later.

Knight Otu said:
As far as I can see, you don't have the Scalamagdrion yet (the page is messed up from this computer):

Thanks, I've added it.

I can't imagine why it would be messed up on your computer -- there's nothing complex enough to cause compatibility problems! It's plain HTML. What browser are you using?

Kevin Wilson

First Post
Hi there CRGreathouse,

Draconic Lore from Fantasy Flight Games is due out next month, and I thought you might like some of the dragon info from that book. It contains 33 draconic creatures, 14 with full age categories, and 5 with 1-4 age categories. Three of the draconic creatures (a subgroup called the dragoths) are formatted to allow for PC use, and the 5 creatures with 4 age categories each (called drakes in the book) are intended as PC companions. Drop me an e-mail at kevin@fantasyflightgames.com and I'll give you the full table of contents and CR table for your list.

Hmm, actually, now that I think about it, 2 of those dragons are actually undead types, but they're draconic in form. Everything else is a dragon type. Anyhow, good wyrm hunting!

-Kevin Wilson
Fantasy Flight Games

SilverWyrm

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
In this case, only published sources. I've used the CC's converted dragons, and indeed started threads on the topic of the converted dragons (and their respective CRs), but I have to draw the line somewhere.

Krug said:
Yes, not to do so is MADNESS! ;)

:(

Personally, I think a list of all the dragons posted online would be just as valuable as a list of all those in print. In fact, it may be even more valuable since the stats could be accessed at the click of a button instead of digging the books out of the closet or running to the local bookstore.

If you don't have time to do the published ones and all the others, I wouldn't mind pitching in. In fact, if you wanted to divide them into two lists (one for the published ones and one for the others), I would be willing take take over the list for the non-published ones. Then, we could just post a link at the top of each list that says something like "to see the published/non-published dragons, click here."

So, what do you think? If you want to keep it all together as one list, that's fine with me, but I'm willing to help out if you want to split up the work. :)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
SilverWyrm said:
Personally, I think a list of all the dragons posted online would be just as valuable as a list of all those in print. In fact, it may be even more valuable since the stats could be accessed at the click of a button instead of digging the books out of the closet or running to the local bookstore.

Many of the dragons in the current list have online stats -- see the abyssal dragon and SRD dragons for examples. The names are links.

SilverWyrm said:
If you don't have time to do the published ones and all the others, I wouldn't mind pitching in. In fact, if you wanted to divide them into two lists (one for the published ones and one for the others), I would be willing take take over the list for the non-published ones. Then, we could just post a link at the top of each list that says something like "to see the published/non-published dragons, click here."

I fully intend to add converted and free dragons to the list, but it'll take time. I think they should be on the same list (blurred distinctions make division hard).

As for splitting up the work... I'd rather do all of the entries myself. That way, I know the format is staying the same and the information is QC'd. Having said that, I have no problem with taking raw data from you if you mark it up the same way I do. Email me ( mwtools@thyle.net ) or look at the source of my file. It'll certainly get it done faster!

LGodamus

First Post
I was just wondering what version of the Gem dragons you are going to be using since, as I mentioned earlier they are vast differences between mm2 and the web enhancement.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
LGodamus said:
I was just wondering what version of the Gem dragons you are going to be using since, as I mentioned earlier they are vast differences between mm2 and the web enhancement.

Eventually, I'll list both. I'm not sure how best to do it; I could add them to the list (confusing and long), or with the notes at the end (easy to overlook; hard to include lots of information). Suggestions?

Selganor

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure Psionic Drakes fom the Psionic Toolkit are longer than one page, but I'll have to get the page numbers from my copy at home.

The Psionic Drakes (as almost everything in the PT) are OGC and they got all age categories...

Knight Otu

First Post
Selganor is likely correct. I didn't have my copy with me when I wrote the post, so I couldn't check the correct page count.

Also, I used the T-Online browser. By now the page looks normal again, however. :eek:

OaxacanWarrior

First Post
Dragons from AEG's DRAGON

Here's the list of the dragons in AEG's Dragon book:

Elemental Dragons
Dragon of Primal Air - pgs. 80-81 - CR 15
Dragon of Primal Earth - pgs. 82-83 - CR 15
Dragon of Elemental Fire - pgs. 83-84 - CR 15
Dragon of Elemental Water - pgs. 84-86 - CR 15
Undead Dragons
Skeletal Dragon - pgs. 86-87 - CR 2-25 - 7 sizes
Ghoul Dragon - pgs. 87-89 - CR same as base (template)
Dragon Ghost - pgs. 89-91 - CR base+1 (template)
Mummified Dragon - pgs. 91-92 - CR 17
Vampiric Dragon - pgs. 92-93 - CR base+2 (template)
Dragon Golem - pgs. 93-94 - CR same as base (template)
Other Draconic Species
Carrion Dragon - pgs. 95-96 - CR 2-24 - 12 age categories
Dragon of Benevolent Wisdom - pgs. 96-97 - CR 25
Dragon of Whispers - pgs. 98-99 - CR 2-22 - 12 age categories
Dragon of Misrule - pgs. 99-100 - CR 2-22 - 12 age categories

There ya go
- Ryan

Remove ads