• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon's Revisited [Come on in folks]

Maldur

First Post
I actually kinda like the armoured dragon. It look really tough.

the neck looks a bit thick, where it bend to atach to the head but if you thin that it could work really well.

Let us see more?

Dremen

First Post
Just a minor comments. Since Liquide invited some non artists to post a view.

This is just a general comment. Some of the dragons look too big to fly. The muscles are very large and the dragons wings look too small to lift them. (Not that this is real life :) ).

I think if the dragons looked about 10% leaner with about 15% wing span it might even out the design.

Sorry if this is repeated, I didn't read every relpy.

-D

Malessa

First Post
Like the pic Liquide, very clean, imaginative, muscles look great. Only thing is, and remember, I'm not a dragon expert yet, so take my comments with a grain of salt. It doesn't seem dragon like to me? Can't put my finger on it, to explain...

Anyway, here what I've done so far, and yes, I'm still not finished. Still have wings to go, another hind leg to go, and touch up building. Hope I remembered all the corrections that were needed thus far. If you see anything that needs fixing, lemme know!

Gimme all your do's, boobo's, and ok's...;)

Attachments

• dragonseven2.jpg
    dragonseven2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 231

Dalamar

Adventurer
Malessa, how on Earth did you have the patience to do all those scales?

Otherwise, very nice.

Oh, and to contribute for the pool, here's one of mine. Altho I think that the one that I posted on the last thread looked a lot better.

Attachments

• dragon2.gif
    dragon2.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 226

Malessa

First Post
Thanks guys! As far as all the scales, well, lol, if you look closely, they are just little circles...;)

Argh! Now that my pic is up on screen in front of me straight, the tower on right is crooked...I draw at an angle, as you must now can tell..lol....

Last edited:

Liquide

DEX: 4
OK another dragon on its way :D , and Malessa that piece is one marvellous dragon (I hope it is a she, since there are something frightening about 250,000 lb. hyper-intelligent women that can squish you like a fly). Still I don't have patience with either scales nor backgrounds a´which you have a much better grasp on then I have (backgrounds that is).

Well someday we can have a background workshop aswell, but for now please stick to dragons OK?

Liquide

DEX: 4
Well here is my wingless dragon, even though one pictures dragon with wings I wanted to try one without wings in this take.

It is still a draft but I wanted to play around with odd poses and I wanted to create an inpressive horned beast.

So here we go folks.

Oh and Malessa and Wolv0rine I want your input folks :D

Attachments

• wingless-dragon.jpg
    wingless-dragon.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 224

Dalamar

Adventurer
Now that's one impressive beast, Liquide.

It seems to me his/her plating in the neck changes the 'order' of the plates. That is, from the second to last spike, the ones that are further from the head are under but from the spike towards the head it's vice versa. You get what I mean?
The same effect is with the plating in the tail as compared to the chest. These aren't things you notice on first sight but I paid attention to because I messed the scales on the dragon I posted (check the forelimbs).

Otherwise, very impressive. Altho I personally miss the scaly look. But that's just a matter of taste.

MEG Hal

First Post
Liquide said:
Well I must post something in order to get Malessa to do another dragon. I know it is not a full dragon but it is all I have managed to scrabble togather today. :D

Fire away your comments!

I like the head of this better then the full pose, and in the full pose, one thing I thik is cool is aging the gragon, show some scars, holes in the wing etc...they are suppose to be a huge thing of legend, make em scary. Both look good though bud.

Remove ads