Dragonslayers: After the second dragon

azmodean

First Post
How about this? (the code tags display their content in fixed width, good for ASCII maps)

Code:
.w/\w.
w/..\w
|o..o| barrels
|....|
|.nn.| foremast
|....|
|.xx.|
|.xx.| hatch to lower decks
|....|
|.nn.| mainmast
|....|
|...o|
|=D=o| ladder, door,ladder, barrel
|uuuu| upper deck
|uuuu|
|uTTu| tiller

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
As the capain waits for advice the crew scrambles maddly trying to take down the sails and rush into the hold. The Captian then heads into the cabin in the back of the boat.

At the beginning of the second round the hunters can see the ripples of red at the tips of shiny metallic wings, as the shape grows larger. The scales are a warm reflective brass. It is gaining in size as it races towrad you.

Ke’leth comes out of the captains quarters he looks around at the crew, ignoring the dragon. will pull a carved wand – tap one hand with it while saying Tsimme, Can anyone else can work a wand of grace? and he holds it out, handle first

Mithran

First Post
Hond (barbarian)

Hond run's to the weapons locker grabs two crossbows and some bolts and runs forward to a position behind the right barrel at the front of the ship and begin's to load the crossbows allowing the others to give whatever advice they may.

RedSwan78

First Post
Grimhild Uggluck - First 3 rounds

(OoC- just following what you said in the OoC thread, to do the first three rounds of our actions here IC)

Grimhild is sitting lazily in the sun, enjoying it's warmth as he stares out at the ocean, looking at the water and how the sun reflects off of it's surface. I like's lookin at the water, it pretty with the sun bouncing off of it like that. This ride getting boring though, ah' hopes we get to land soon..

Not much after thinking that to himself, the call is yelled out from the usually tight-lipped Aphram, "Dragon!" Grim looks up into the sky where everyone else is pointing, and there he sees some sort of large, flying shape. Instinctively, he imediatly springs into action, moving to the middle of the ship, while shouting out for all to hear, "Don't strike at it first! Let it make the first move, maybe it doesn't want to fight!" ... Coming from a large fair-orc that talks *alot* about how much he loves battle, these sound like strange words coming out of his mouth. "Me been in many battles, and thing I learn most is try not to enter them if you don't have advantage! Da Dragon DEFINATELY have advantage here! Be prepared just in case though!" ... that sounds a little more like the Grimhild you've come to know, and probably makes a bit of sense.

Staying true to his words, Grim begins preparing, JUST IN CASE. He takes his right hand and slaps it over his chest against his Plate, directly over where the large "X" shapped scar in his flesh is and loudly says a few words "Great Grishnaak, God of battle, hear my call! Protect my friends and I, and let our swords and arrows strike true if we need them!" A faint flash of light bursts outwards in all directions from the halforc accompanied by a small gust of wind. You all feel a little less afraid of the things to come, and more assured of how to strike your foe.

Standing there, Grim tenses every muscle in his body, his fists tighten and his arms tense up, he looks up to the sky and opens his mouth and lets out a loud grunt, but you can't entirely tell what he just did, except you're pretty sure he cast another spell. (OoC- casted Bear's Endurance here)

He looks like he is preparing to cast yet again, as he looks around to see what everyone else is doing..

(OoC- ok, that was the first 3 rounds, you know what he's going to do next. :) )

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ancestor's Tree! I didn't think it would be so soon! Lalreth thinks to himself, taking out his bow, One Mile Strike. Waiting until he is sure of the dragon's color, he whispers a quick prayer to the forest spirits to protect himself and Hibou from fire, and knocks an arrow, prepared to shoot if the dragon starts to charge.

Super Girl

First Post
I did expect to see a dragon, but not like this, I wonder what kind it is...Oh, a Brass, well, I'd just as soon avoid trouble when we can't really move around. sneaking up on one in a tunnel where it cannot really move very well is one thing, but this... the girl thinks to herself, standing by the others. She looks around for a moment wondering where the best place to stand would be, she moves toward the side of the boat next to the railing not wanting to be where the dragon might attack first, not when she had no weapons to attack it at any distance. She drew her left-hand short sword and held it so that the blade ran along the outside of her forearm up to her elbow, the better to rapidly parry attacks.

Then again, maybe I do, Kylala thinks to herself. She starts to hum and wiggle the fingers of her right hand in what looks like a child's attempt at pretend magic, it certainly wasn't anything a real wizard would do, but it had worked for her before. She kept humming the tune over and over again with the same hand motions, but nothing was happening, it was as if she were waiting for something to put the finish touch on the spell, though to the others who did not know she could cast spells it probably looked like the young thief was going insane.

Can't let it go till he gets a lot closer, got to make it count, have to hit him in the eyes, otherwise it probablly wont get through his scales.

OOC:
1st & 2nd watch what everyone is doing, stand by the clerics
3rd round, drawing the shortsword
4th round, moving towards the side of the boat and away from the crowd of people
5th round, readying an acid orb to strike the dragon in the eyes (called shot) if he attacks [Ranged Touch Attack 7 + 1D20(1D3 damage)]

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Having sighted the dragon, Aphram watches a moment longer, once he realizes the color of those glistening scales he drops back towards the others, intoning a harsh string of draconic words to intern himself against the creatures blazing fires. When Kel'leth offers up the wand, Aphram will nod a silent thanks, and invokes it's powers upon himself, then moving over beside Lalreth invokes it's powers upon the elf. He then casts around for a good concealable position, swinging his bow from his shoulder and knocking an arrow.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Aphram when you take the wand he holds on a moment and draws close to you, whispering-
“Let me know each time the dragon approaches the ship as it will be hidden from my sight unless it is within the length of the ship from me (75’), and I will let you use my wand on your friends. Hissing “And you will say nothing of this to the others.”

Ke'leth draws a second carved wand from his quiver and taps himself with it, to no obvious effect.
When (or if) you use the first wand on yourself you are hit by a jolt, and you feel faster and more energetic than before, and find yourself moving faster (+4 dex)

The Dragon races towards the ship and you can make out that the wings spread out wider than the ships hull, but not by much. It will still be out of range on the fourth round and 300 ft at the end of the 5th.

All of your senses seem to sharpen, you can here the cries of the seagulls and the spray of water. The sailors are clearly terrified scrambling for the relative saftey of the hold. Only Makla stays on task, rushing to get as much of the vulrenrable rigging into the hold as possible, Abe stands at her side turning to talk to Kylyea
quick girl, into the hold then.
Code:
.w/\w.[COLOR=DarkOrange]D[/COLOR]     Direction of dragons approach 
w/..\w
|o..o|    barrels water, sand 
|...H|    Hond
|.nn.|    foremast 
|.MS.|    Makla, Sailor
|.xxK|    Kylyea (hiding behind rail)
|.xx.|    
|.G..|    Grim 
|.nnL|    mainmast, Lareth??  
|.KA.|    Ke’leth, Apraham 
|.V.o|    Velsouvous
|=C=o|    ladder, captain, ladder, barrel
|uuuu|    upper deck 
|uuuu|
|uTTu|    tiller
Ooc: moving to iniative order after next posts.

Last edited:

azmodean

First Post
If we do fight it, we need to get it in a situation where it cannot just fly by the ship, it can probably just spit fire or acid on us and kill us all, while all of our attacks are hand-to-hand, except for Lalreth.

Velsouvous takes up a position just aft of Kel'leth, once he arrives he alternates peering in the direction of the dragon and intoning prayers to Vixzu.

Round 1: Bless (+1 morale bonus to attacks and saves vs fear, possibly cast in round 2 or 3 instead if I can catch more people in it, 6 minute duration)
Round 2: Bull's Strength (+4 to strength, 6 minute duration)
Round 3: Shield of Faith (+3 deflection bonus to AC, 6 minute duration)

Remove ads