• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonslayers: After the second dragon

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
ooc: all right fess up, which character remebers picking up the dagger? we can do a flashback if its important. Aprham, Lareth and Hond all saw it, but anyone might have checked the body before leaving.

Last edited:

RedSwan78

First Post
OoC- EvilHalfling, someone I'm sure would have said something about the dagger. Grim would have casted Detect Magic to see if the dagger, and anything else around was magical. Regardless, Grim could have picked up the dagger because it looked to be made from the tooth of a Dragon. (He'll try to remember who, if any of them, uses daggers and give it to them. Right now he's thinking Kylala might want it)

Super Girl

First Post
Kylala laughs when Grim has to shrink himself to fit into the room, "It porbably is Grim, don't think they build with people as tall as you in mind, I wonder what it would be like to be that tall." the girl wonders aloud, being about as tall as hond made her awfully short for a human, great for hiding and being unnoticed, not so much for other things.

OOC:Sorry about being so busy lately guys, I have been having finals for summer session 1, and turning in my final papers for it, things should settle down now though.

As far as the Dagger, Kylala would pocket it if she notced it, but she'd be pretty pissed about getting hurt to pay very close attention. If EH is ok with it though, she'll have it, but she wouldn't normally search animal bodies, people bodies yea, animals not so much.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The Mother of Fire is the Dragon Queen who lives in the volcano, Father Lux is our best priest, he is very impressive as he brought a friend of mine back from the dead a few months ago. His god must have told him when you were coming. Some tunnels are this small, but we got some humans here with us as well – this is just to keep monsters, well dragons from getting in. It worked fine until one decided she would just dig her own tunnel.
….. the young stout leads you through a narrow tunnel low enough that everyone but Hond must duck low. The tunnel goes around several switchbacks leading into the depths of the earth. The tunnel grows larger and passes through another set of doors. The town itself is long narrow carved tunnels with doors on each side. The Main Street of the town looks like it was once a mineral seam, and it has two levels, the ground level and a second story of a wooden floor with occasional openings between the two levels (like a shopping mall). Stouts and hairfeet make up most of the people – but there are occasional humans as well. The street is lit by pots of a familiar glowing moss. growing wild this moss lights many of the islands volcanic tunnels.

The girl will ask more questions about your voyage, and prattle on about town events, including raids on and by a clanhold of Derro living in the eastern mountains. She will also talk of her friend in another group of adventures who said they were going to another Island to get something, and haven't been seen in a month. She ends with People weren't sure if they should send for you or try and reach them. Not everyone wants the dragon killed either, some says it will just bring more trouble.
Keria leads on to an impressive door at the end of the street.

Now that dagger was a messy business. Velsouvous’ impulse to avoid it may have been the correct one. Its disposition still preys on your minds, even now that it is settled. It seemed so promising when Grim picked up an unknown aura of moderate power. But when he pulled the blade from the corpse…
Grim picked up the dagger and he felt its corrupted nature, its very touch made him feel unclean. Carved from single tooth, the dagger has a makers mark at the base of the blade, but has nothing to indicate the vileness that you can feel dripping from it.
OOC: (gained one temporary negative level) Go ahead and remember the way you reacted.

Last edited:

RedSwan78

First Post
Grim

(reacting to the dagger) Grim senses a magical aura from the dagger and decides to get a closer look and looses the thing from the krenshar's body. Immediately a sense of vileness washes over him, like the dagger is poisoning the very good inside of him. The dagger even clouds the connection that Grim has with his god, as he feels the bond between Grishnaak and himself is not as strong as it was. Grim gets very possessive of the dagger and will not let *anyone* else touch it.

(back up to speed) Hearing the young stout talk about Father Lux, Grim's ears perk up a bit. "Ahh, I wuud like to talk to Father Lux, I have something that he should be made aware of and maybe he cuud help 'meh out with something as well!" Grim REALLY has to cramp himself down to get through the tunnels, and along with the way that the dagger is making him feel, he is VERY edgy and irritated while maneuvering through the tunnels. When it opens up into the town proper, Grim feels much better, and takes a minute to stop and look all around him and take in all the sights. Grim also takes note as the young stout talks about the raids between the Derro and them.

(OoC- Grim will actually stop for a minute and look around at the town once entering into it. Spot check for anything he might miss with a passing glance, mainly looking to see if anyone is staring at them from alleyways or such. Spot +3)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Well now... I don't think I've even considered how to stop a dragon that didn't involve copious amounts of death..." Lalreth says slowly. He's a small man, and getting through the halfling tunnels wasn't overly arduous, but Hibou hated it with a passion. He let the owl fly free outside, warning him to be careful with a dragon on the loose.

Mithran

First Post
"Why wouldn't you want the dragon killed?" Hond also takes a minute to look around the city before continuing on after the others.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Looking around the main city streets reveals a food seller with a nearly empty display and you overhear a couple of people complaining about clerical mush. You all get quite a few stares, and several of you notice a human in studded leather armor taking a good look at you, and trotting off. Keria continues : Im not sure what should be done, but the monsters I have run into either wanted to eat or control me. The Captain talks about making its parents mad, saying it is young and can be reasoned with or tricked. Father Lux says that even small dragons are not children, and it needs to be dealt with now.

You are ushered into a finely appointed home. Lit by magical lights, it is stately and elegant. A stick thin older stout in an expensive robe comes in. He has grey hair and sharp green eyes. Keria stands by the door.
I *cough* am the Alder, Sade de’Wirth. Thank you for coming. I just wanted to have a brief word with you, before you are settled in our Guest Cavern. *cough* A juvenile copper dragon burrowed its way into our agricultural cavern, preventing my people from getting the food they need. This dragon has to die. He goes into a fit of coughing.
*water* he croaks out and a glass of water floats through the air to his hand. After drinking he continues. My cash reserves are going to feed my people, but you may have whatever horde the dragon has collected and our smith Shelly de’ Frisson will work its hide, teeth and claws at your direction. Do you ... ? he starts coughing again.

azmodean

First Post
When Grim starts acting possessive about the dagger, Velsouvous comments, Wouldn't Kylala be able to make better use of the dagger?

Responding to Keria, Reasoning with or tricking something that is as powerful as you is uncertain, but doable, reasoning with or tricking something that is many times more powerful than you is downright dangerous. If you were to avoid doing anything to a dragon because it might anger it's parents, then you can never do anything against any dragon, and you might as well either kill yourself or go submit to be its slave.

When Sade de'Wirth pauses, Velsouvous interjects in a suprised voice, It is still in your caverns?... sorry, continue please.

Mithran

First Post
Back with Keria: "Well said Velsouvous, well said"

Currently: A look of concern crosses Hond's face at the mans caughing and Hond starts to reach his hand out as if to steady the old man but then stops "Umm are you alright?"

Remove ads