• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonslayers: After the second dragon

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Lalreth presses his lips together. It was obvious the old halfling was sick, and sickness made Lalreth a bit nervous. Death amongst elves was rarely of this slow and agonizing type. Death should come calmly, from old age, or swiftly in battle, not in this agonizing way. "Alder, I think I can say we're willing to fight the dragon. I certainly wouldn't want your people to go hungry," he says in the most serious voice he's used in quite a while.

RedSwan78

First Post
Grim

Grim looks at the tiny, frail stout and listens to him. "We wuud want ta talk to Father Lux to find outs more aabout tha' Dragon. If we're going to fight it, we needs to know everything we can about what's going with it. Yuu mind if we go talk tuu him?"

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Yes, the beast is still living in our cavern, it has taken it as a lair. Im fine, I will last a few years yet. *cough* You should defiantly talk to Farther Lux, he couldn’t get away from his teaching duties to meet you, but he said he could spare a some time tonight, after his charges have gone to sleep. I was going to ask if you all were committed to killing this *cough* dragon.

There is a knocking at the door, at a nod from the Alder, Keria opens it. A human in full platemail strides into the room. He wears a bright metallic cloak that is woven of threads in a pattern that mimics Dragonscale. He carries a short sword at each hip, and has a beaklike face with bright draconic pupils. He bows to the Alder, I am Captain Calbon Delmar.
He holds out his hand to each of you.

azmodean

First Post
Velsouvous instinctively tries to size up the newcomer's fighting ability while shaking his hand. Captain Delmar I presume? My name is Velsouvous. Turning back to the Alder, Velsouvous continues, Alder, we are certainly committed.

OOC:
[sblock]I started putting my ooc stuff in sblocks in another pbp to avoid cluttering things up, I'll start doing it all my games unless there is an objection. Sense motive is the best candidate for trying to size up the captain I guess, at +5. Also Know(arcana) +7 concerning wether the captain is a half-breed of some sort or if the eyes are due to some other magical effect.[/sblock]

RedSwan78

First Post
Grim

Grim waves to the captain, not wanting to shake hands with him as he's still feeling tainted from the dagger. " Allo captun." Grim turns and looks at both the Alder and the captain and says "Wull, since yer both here, what attempts have been made towards the big lizard so far? Anyone try ta go in und fight it, or talk to it? I know what the Alder thinks shuud be done, and I hears yuu think different Captain?"

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I have no dragon blood, but I studied them. Spiritpence is the dragons name. No one is dumb enough to try and fight, but I talked to her. I got her to let us harvest some food.

*achem* only at a price that would ruin my town ere long.

Spiritpence use to live in the Derro’s mountains. If we can find a big cave and clear it of dwarves, then She said she would move. So there is no need to kill her. Killing dragons is bad, better that we stay at peace with them.

Yes, yes we all know your sympathies *cough* are always with the dragons that’s why we had to call for outside help. But there are too many possible problems with your plan. *cough*

Velsovious: [SBLOCK] Sense Motive 24, The captain is a confident Warrior, he could probably beat any of you one on one, but a pair could take him. Kn Arcane 16 (He is probably a dragon disciple – a fighter/sorcerer who seeks to emulate the power of dragons.)
[/SBLOCK]
Hond - the Captain squeezes your hand hard, he has a iron grip, but you would be stronger if you raged.
OOC: hopefully Ferrix and Super Girl will return soon...

Last edited:

azmodean

First Post
If I may ask, why is it bad to avoid killing dragons? Provoking them without reason I can see as being a bad tactical move, but presented with the chance to eliminate one of the enemy, why not take it?

OOC:[sblock]I think it is the '/' in your first sblock that is keeping it from working[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
Aphram, having had to crouch to get into the city, is slightly disgruntled, the whole tone of the place put him off to the start, and now someone with dragonblood telling him what to do nearly puts him on the edge, not slay a dragon... "only if it kills me first..." he finishes his thought with an astoundingly noticeable outburst, that is to everyone except himself.

Remove ads