• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonslayers: After the second dragon

RedSwan78

First Post
Grim

Grim looks to the captain and asks "Why yuu think killing dragons is bad Captun? Idn't this a guud chance to kill one and not have it grow up to be big and more powerful? What if the big lizards demands more before it leaves?

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Because uh, killing a young one will only upset the parents – we wouldn’t want Glitterscale or the Mother of Fire trying to wipe us out. It is said that he is immune to magic and that her breath will overpower any fire protection.
Besides with my plan the dragon leaves peacefully and the dwarves get screwed.

azmodean

First Post
Hmm, nope, I could have sworn I saw Kylala's spell working on him, didn't it Kylala? Anyway, knowing that our target is younger than Glitterscale makes me very happy with our chances for taking this one on. Any information on if the beast has any allies with it? Has it made any traps that you know of?

RedSwan78

First Post
Grim

"Glitterscale is tha dragon's father? Hur! We fought that big lizard out on the sea! We drove him off, almost killing him! Sum spells hurt him, sum didn't, so it's possible. Good 'ol blade 'n arrow hurt him for sure! That gurl that led us here mentioned fights with the derro, so I see's why you want to "screw them over". Think of this though, We get's dragon to move over there, and they befreind it, or pay it enough gold to come back and attack yuu. Then what?"

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
You fought Glitterscale? and almost killed him? that’s just great. I can see I’m not convincing any of you bloodthirsty mercenaries. Spiritpence’s traps, or allies? I didn’t see any, but I’m not a professional burglar. If you excuse me I have some Milita duties to take care of. Captain Delmar turns and stalks out.

*cough * The captains a good man, and has kept the town safe from monsters and derro, but he has a bit of a blindspot for dragons. So you defeated Glitterscale then? ahem Well Done.

Sword. The Alder says over his shoulder and a sheathed long sword comes floating through the air. He gestures and it comes to a stop before you. This is a fungal blade, of no great power, but it sheds the same light as tunnel fungus when drawn. You may take it if you have need. Although I’d like it back, or an equivalent sum from the horde when your done.

Keria can guide you to the guest cavern or show you around. Mero who runs the Feast hall, is my alchemist, and can make some illusion scrolls as well. The priest of Maalmua makes healing potions, Shelly di’ Frisson is my best smith, it is she who knows the lore of making scaled armor. Most other things are available on the promenade *coughing fit*

Father Lux will come visit you later in the evening at the guest cavern.
He is our high priest of Awab, He who watches over children and education, although at the moment he is spending nearly all of his power with shoring up food supplies, in addition to his teaching responsibilities. Do you have any further questions?

OOC: If not you can seperate and visit any of these people, or wait unitl evening.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Lalreth winces at the captain's anger, but holds his tongue until the man leaves. "Well then. Death for Spiritpence, or death for derro. A curious choice of possible plans. But if you prefer the dragon to die, I have no issue with that. Not a bit at all," Lalreth says with a tight and brittle grin. After bidding the Alder a good day, he'll go to the Maalmuan priest to see about getting healing potions.

azmodean

First Post
After the captian leaves, Velsouvous comments, A certain amount of admiration for the power of a dragon is understandable, but it is a problem if it develops into either fear, or worse, love.

If the Alder is not busy, Velsouvous will try to engage him in some light conversation, comparative theology perhaps. Otherwise he will wander around the settlement.

Remove ads