• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Dragonstar d20] [FULL] OOC Thread

Elrick

First Post
I'd like to start a new game using DragonStar (D&D in Space) from Fantasy Flight Games. This is an introductory adventure to the setting. I'm using the plot device of the "Alien Abduction" to put typical D&D characters in Space.

I'm looking for 4 to 6 players. Please post with a Character Concept if your interested.

Character Creation Rules:
5th lvl, with 32 point buy for stats. Anything goes for classes and races up to 5th, subject to my approval. My only stipulation really is that I have the book your using to create your character. I've got quite a library of d20 books, so you should be able to find something you like that I have the rules for. Your characters should know nothing of the Dragonstar universe, and I prefer no published worlds for your background, you can still use the rules just not the setting. For example you can create a Moon Elf bladesinger, just don't have him originate from the Forgotten Realms, just make something up :)

Alright then let the Applications Flood in!

Last edited:

Velenne

Explorer
Woohoo!! Count me in!

I'll play a very out-of-place barbarian. Maybe a half-ogre heading toward frenzied berserker? And he shall be named: Mossaka!

Velenne

Explorer
Mossaka: Male Half-ogre Half-Dragon (White) Barbarian 1; Large-size humanoid; HD 1d12+5; hp 17; Init +0; Spd 40 ft. Fly 40 (Average)

AC 24 (10 base +8 natural +6 armor +1 deflection -1 size)

Atk +11/+9/+9 melee (Bite/Claw/Claw; 1d8+11, 1d6+5)

SA Rage, Cone of Cold (3d6; Ref 16 Half); SQ Cold Immune, Giant Blood

AL CG; SV Fort +7, Ref +0, Will -1

Str 32, Dex 10, Con 20, Int 7, Wis 9, Cha 10.

Skills: Swim +13, Jump +15, Climb +13
Feats: Multiattack
Gear: +1 Mithral Breastplate (5,000), Boots of Spider Climbing (2,000), Ring of Protection +1 (2,000)
Description: Tychorwakovilak had lived for four centuries before he, the Frozen Heart of the North, had amassed enough power to begin the transfiguration of the ogres whom he had subjugated after years of warfare. Having stayed his white-scaled hand during the war between the ogres and humans, he had placed himself in excellent position to decend upon the weakened victor. And so he had.
With nearly a hundred ogres under his sole command, the white wyrm chose his first subject. The human woman was said to carry ogre progeny and so he hoped this first creature would be given the best traits of its parents, as well as his own cunning and ferocity.
He was sorely disappointed.
How the dragon gnashed his sword-like teeth as the monstrocity that was Mossaka grew to be a simple, gentle giant. In truth, it seemed the vile creature had inherited nothing from any of his parents but brute strength and an alarm capacity to kill when he wanted to. Well, he would be good for something at least. Though he was worshipped among the ogres, Mossaka could never keep his attention on anything for long and never found any true friends amongst his people. In the deepest part of one winter, as Tychorwakovilak lay as he did for months at a time, Mossaka took flight into the frigid winds and made his way south, never to be heard from again.

Elrick

First Post
Looks ... Um... Interesting Velenne. Donesn't look like there's an over whelming interest in DragonStar tho. I'll give it the weekend, If I don't have enough people by then, I'll come up with a different game.

Last edited:

Calim

First Post
Hey space or anything anywhere near it and count me in

5th level psycoportationist

working my way possibly into some websight prestige classes(stuff posted on Wizrds)

let me know

Vargo

First Post
I'm interested - I'll try to whip something up...

I've got three concepts, and if you've got any issues with any of them, let me know... In order:

Githzerai Psionic Warrior (probably a spiked chain beast)
Human cleric of the madness/knowledge domains aiming for Alienist
Human wizard (illusionist, eschews enchantment)

I'll start working on the first, unless there's a desire to see me play something else...

ErichDragon

First Post
Edited Character

I am definitely interested. Here is my character. Submitted for your approval....

Sasaki Kojiro
Half-Celestial Human Samurai 1
Lawful Good

Str 20 (22 w/ gauntlets), Dex 14, Con 20, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 12
Hit Points: 1d10+5 (15)
Armor Class: 21 (+7 Great Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Natural, +1 ring)
Fort: +8
Ref: +3
Will: +7
Speed: 20 ft. / Fly 40 ft. (good)
Initiative: +2

Special Abilities: Light at will, Prot. from Evil 3/day, Bless 1/day, Low-light vision, Immune: Acid, Cold, Disease, Electricity, +4 Fort vs. Poison

Feats: Weapon Focus: Katana, Iron Will

Skills: Diplomacy 4 (+6), Intimidate 4 (+6), Iaijutsu Focus 4 (+6), Sens Motive 4 (+6), Swim 3 (+9)*, Spot 2.5 (+9), Listen 2.5 (+4)

*Armor Check Penalty (-5)

BAB: +1
Melee: +7
Missile: +3
Katana: +9 1d10+6 (19-20/x2)

Equipment: MW Katana, MW Wakizashi, Great Armor, Gauntlets of Ogre Power,Cloak of Resistance +1, Ring of Protection +1, Eyes of the Eagle Courtier's Outfit, Bedroll, Whetstone, Prayer Beads, Inense sticks, Flint and Steel, 5 days Rations

Background:

Sasaki Kojiro is the result of the union between a Celestial courtesan and a Human Samurai of unsurpassed virtue. The Courtesan was ordered by her master to seduce the Samurai and bring his seed to the Celestial court. Their offspring would be raised as a ward of the Daimyo, and become a great warrior.

Sasaki grew up in the service of his Daimyo Miramotu Kenji, serving as a Samurai in the Celestial Court. He is the very model of a warrior following the code of Bushido. He faithfully executed every on of his Daimyo's orders, always aware that failre meant death. Either at the hands of his enemies or by his own act of seppuku.

Now Sasaki is alone, with no master to determine his fate. He must slowly learn to become his own master, adhering to Bushido as best as his curcumstances allow.

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
I'm interested in this, but I really want to play some of the Dragonstar races & classes, mostly because I'll probably never get to play DS again and I'd like to get the most use out of the book since I spent cash money on it.

Even if there's no way to do this, I guess I'm still interested. Do you have Savage Species?

Last edited:

Mickerus

First Post
Hrm, I'm loathe to try stretching myself much, but I'm only in one other game at the moment, and I've got plenty of love for the Dragonstar setting. Definitely count me in on those interested, I'll poke through my books and work on coming up with something keen. One question though, you feel like mentioning what books you have access to? Me, I'm likely to be poking through Oriental Adventures, Occult Lore, the WotC class books, the Psionics Handbook, Savage Species, and either of the Eldritch Might books for character ideas.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads