• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonwrought Kobold = Awesome Psion?

Leathros

First Post
So i found this thingy, this weird kobold that doesn't get penalty scores for being venerable.

So i have various questions.

1st. Kobold variants? I mean, where to find hem? Such as the "Desert Kobold"
can't find them in RoD.

2nd. Is this a good race for a psion?

3st. Im qualified to Epic and Draconic feats for beeing a venerable "Dragon"?
cause i read that i qualify to Epic feats and that's weird.

i got all this info from here

Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

Thx guys !!

Sekhmet

First Post
Kobolds qualify for Dragon feats, yes.
[sblock]
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Pun-Pun_(3.5e_Optimized_Character_Build)[/sblock]

Dragonwrought Kobolds are pretty cool. I like that they have access to Draconic Feats, because Psions don't really need that many, plus they get bonus.

I'd call them a pretty good Psion race.

As far as variants go, the Unearthed Arcana has elemental variants, and I remember a 2E book (Monstrous Compendium) had the URD, a flying variant.

Leathros

First Post
The Pun-Pun character build it's empty :/

Sweet ! Variants on Underneath, thx a lot !

and thx x answering the feat thing.

What's with the Epic Feats??

Sekhmet

First Post
You should add a closing parenthesis to the end, it appears it was cut off.

The same can be said for Epic Feats. If you are a Venerable Kobold you are, in effect, a Venerable Dragon.

Please remember that Pun-Pun is not meant to be played, just meant to exist as a concept - the idea of an idea, the method of destroying Ao, the Alpha, the Omega, etcetera. Remember, idea, not reality.

Leathros

First Post
Acquiring Epic Feats
Characters gain epic feats in the following ways:

At 21st level, and every three levels thereafter, the character may select an epic feat in place of a nonepic feat.

Each character class gains bonus epic feats according to the class description. These feats must be selected from the list of bonus epic feats for that class.

It says nothing about being venerable, venerable means i can go epic? or venerable dragons can take epic feats for being dragons??

Don't get that :/

Sekhmet

First Post
If you are a character class, to qualify for Epic you must be 21st level.
If you have no classes, you cannot qualify for Epic Feats (except in very rare situations, such as Epic Monsters).
Of the Epic Dragons, only Force and Prismatic are covered in the ELH, I'm sure other such dragons (such as Time) exist elsewhere.
A Dragonwrought Kobold does not qualify without having Character Classes of at least level 21, as he is not an Epic Dragon.

Duke Arioch

First Post
A quote from Draconomicon, page 66:
EPIC FEATS
These feats are available to characters of 21st level or higher.
Dragons of at least old age also can choose these feats even
if they have no class levels.
A selection of epic feats appropriate
for dragons is presented here. See the Epic Level Handbook
for more epic feats.
QED

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
While I see the direction your posts are going, I'd like to point out that in order to be a great Psion, all you really need is a very good INT score, and everything else is a bonus. Assuming you see that your Int is good, increasing your survivability because Psions are squishy is helpful.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
So i found this thingy, this weird kobold that doesn't get penalty scores for being venerable.

Welcome to the world of Theoretical Optimization.

[sblock]So named because, in theory, the DM won't punch you in the face when you try to play that kind of crap in an actual game. :p[/sblock]

Leathros

First Post
My dm accepted it so im playing a dragonwrought silver artic kobold
2 lvls of racial substitution kobold fighter lvls
and 5 lvls of psion

gonna be sweet :)
stil have to find out what 1st lvl spell i will choose for the Dragon Passage Ritual

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads