• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drawbacks for feats?

Unearthed Arcana had it. Kenzer also released "The Villain's Handbook" (or a similarly titled book, which had anti-feats in them. You could take 2 randomly rolled anti-feats to gain an extra feat. I found the anti-feats didn't work so well.

Olaf the Stout

Asmor

First Post
Has anyone reintroduced the concept for 4E, though?

I truthfully wish one of the two feats could be picked up later, but they both have that "must be taken at 1st level" requirement. (By later, I don't mean later for convenience, I mean later in the campaign after a certain event happened.)

Ask your DM about it. Chances are if you have a good justification and an understanding DM, he won't have a problem with you taking the feat later.

Nymrohd

First Post
It really depends imo on the fluff reasons for a feat to be 1st level only. If it something like Player's Option traits (the WoT RPG had those too I think) which are inherent abilities, then I'd limit them there. But if you can give a good reason how you could gain that ability later, I'd work it in the campaign story and let you get your feat.

Remove ads