• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dreadmire - Necromancer Involvement? Reviews?

BluSponge

Explorer
Crothian said:
How so? Don't you want to know if you are coming off in a similar way to the people you are talking bad about? There seem to be a lot of people passionate about this and it was one of the reasons I asked people not to go into it. If you ignore someone request like that with out even acknowledging it it doesn't look good.

Well, not to be rude, but you aren't the OP. He asked a question. I responded. I think I've gone out of my way not to get into the sensational stuff. For me, a lot of that is immaterial. It's the instances of plagarism that set me off, and so I'll stick to that.

What bothers me about your comment was that it disminishes Randy's transgressions by making those of us critical of those actions just as suspect. Suddenly everyone is suspect and people begin to just wave off what in this hobby should be a really serious infraction. As Mouseferatu said, even the professionals don't do this stuff for money. Thankfully, with this guy's history, I don't need to do the heavy lifting. You can read up on it yourself. You can draw your own conclusions from that. I've been witness to the guy's antics for over 10 years now and there are some things I will not let lie, as I've known a lot of the folks plagarized personally. I'll leave it to them to come forward if they want to get involve.

Tom

Crothian

First Post
Grimstaff said:
I respect you for sticking up for a guy you obviously perceive as the "underdog" here, but if you really want to help the guy, then get in touch with him and talk him into getting some counseling.

It's less about defending him and more about what is appropriate to EN World. This topic has exploded in the past. If people want to go over to http://www.circvsmaximvs.com/ and discuss this how ever they want I'd be fine with it. That's the type of board this type of conversation can really go on unhindered.

Grimstaff

Explorer
Crothian said:
It's less about defending him and more about what is appropriate to EN World. This topic has exploded in the past.
You're right about that. When discussions on RR come up, I'm torn between the urge to let people know to be very wary of him and his "alter-egos"; and the knowledge that discussing him at all is just giving the guy what he really craves: attention.

Nonetheless, you can rest assured there is no need whatsoever for anyone at all to make up anything about Randy, so hinting that the folks reporting his chicanery are "equally suspect" is so off-target I felt I needed to respond.

Believe me, this is a group of creative people on these boards, but no one could possibly come up with fiction to rival the truth that is Randy. :p

takasi said:
How strange, I just saw the link to this for RPGNow and considered purchasing it. I've been running the Mere of Dead Men series for the past five months and wanted more material. However, Bayou halfling boat races? Is this book really something I'd want in my campaign?

Does anyone have other suggestions for swamp material? I already have Monster Geographica: Marsh & Aquatic.

The whole idea of "cajun halflings" killed it for me...

Q1000

First Post
Another Randy Thread

LOL

Another one.

I was the first review of the book having purchased it just after it came out from Randy himself. The first real review btw.

For one book their is to much Drama, even 2 years after its release. As a 29.00 doller book i can not recomend it, its price on RPG now is to high seeing as Spellbinder sells it on e-bay for around 9-13 dollers.

Over the years I have had my run ins with Mr Richards, including calling the police after he left a threat on his message board. But by and large, who cares..He never published again, in a way i wish he did, then some of the drama would have made sense.

As to the book, it has stuff, sure. But as a mega swamp source book..umm..no. This is a campaign setting in a swamp, not a swamp sourcebook, dont be fooled. A swamp source book would have focused on how the varius elements of a swamp function in the D20 rule set, how to set up and run the terrain etc. The book had badly needed a few more playtests and edits. It was a good idea from the wrong person..and as it looks like there are no more books from this guy we can safely ignore him and move on.

Q1000

froggie

First Post
Randy

Guys, he is absolutely not worth getting mad at each other, discussing, making fun of or anything else. The guy is simply a pathetic loser, and is not worthy of the time it has taken everyone to write all this stuff. The book is not terrible--might be worth a few bucks if you want swamp material. Erica did a nice job statting the monsters for 3.5, and some are pretty cool.

ps--Q--don't I owe you a book or something?

Bill

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads