• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Driving to Orlando Florida

Edgewood

First Post
Okay, so the wife and I have been planning to take our three kids to Disney World for the past year. We have saved and scrimped and finally it's all coming together. We are driving to Orlando from Stonewall Manitoba (which will take 4-5 days) As a result we will be stopping in some major cities in the US. Now,we are stopping in Janesville IL because I want to see Noble Knight Games. However I'm sure there are quite a few other stores we could be seeing. Cities that we will be passing through are Minneapolis, Chicago, Indianapolis, Atlanta, and of course Orlando. Any good gaming stores in these centers? Any good gaming stores in Orlando I should visit?

Last edited:

Xris Robin

First Post
Disney World. Disneyland is in California. As someone who used to live in Orlando, I have throw that correction out there. Sadly, I didn't pay attention to gaming stores when I lived there, so I'm no help there.

AngryMojo

First Post
Orlando has a plethora of gaming stores.
First, there's Sci-Fi City, which is gigantic. They've got 10,000 square feet of gaming goodness, and they're one of the largest stores in the country.
On the north end of town, technically Winter Park, there's Rhubarb Games. Rhubarb is a smaller store, and they focus on the miniatures scene, but they're good people.
Third on the list is Cool Stuff Games, which is an interesting experience. Cool Stuff is an online gaming warehouse style store, but they do have a storefront where you can buy and walk out with your product. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, but they're very cheap.
If you're willing to make a bit of a drive, in Avalon Park there's a place called Paladin Games and Tech. Smaller store, and they sell computer supplies as well, but it's an interesting setup, and the people there are nice.

Edgewood

First Post
There aren't a ton of gaming stores in Atlanta that really stand out to me. Oxford Comics ain't too shabby, but it's nothing special in my opinion.

This site might be helpful: Maintenance

When are you traveling? Are you looking to just sight-see, or would you want to link up with fellow EN Worlders? (I know, having kids around might complicate that.)

Of course we're simply breezing through our way to Disney World but meeting an EN Worlder would not be out of the question. If you're interested, we can arrange something.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads