• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drizzt's Stats

L0rd_Dark0n

First Post
Hello all. I was wondering if someone could direct me to where I can get Drizzt's updated stats. I've got the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, but I heard that some of the NPCs in it had revisions done to their stats, and that Drizzt was one of them. I'm not talking about any 3.5 stats, just an errata or something. Thanks!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Forgotten Realms NPC's from the FRCS who had more than 20 levels were showcased in an appendix in the back of the Epic Level Handbook, since it used a different epic level system than the one presented in the FRCS. I can't recall if Drizzt was in there or not though.

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
He's not in the ELH, he's only got 16 class level, 18th level with his ECL.

The FRCS eratta also don't mention any changes to his stats.

Last edited:

Enkhidu

Explorer
SeRiAlExPeRiMeNtS said:
The poor Drizzt, with his FRCS stats a 10th level parry can kill his easy...

And, if you've read any of Salvatore's Drizzt fiction, you now realize exactly how powerful a 10th level party actually is...

Endur

First Post
Drizzt is more powerful than his FRCS stats

I think that Drizzt is more powerful than his FRCS stats.

Granted, there isn't much difference between a 16th level fighter type and a 30th level fighter type ... they both have the same number of attacks per round. But, I think Drizzt is to weapons, what Elminister is to magic, the toughest in the Realms.

I'd say Drizzt is at least level 25.

Tom

Vexed

First Post
I would have to agree. Not sure what i would change, but as he is presented, a mid level group 9-11 could take him down fairly easily. Not good for what is presented as one of the baddest swordsmen in the realms.

Last edited:

Stone Angel

First Post
I do and don't agree, a mid level group 9-11 would be quite a challenge for Drizzt. For one Drizzt is pretty smart for a fighter taking out the party one by one using his feats and such to optimal ability and shaping the battlefield so he always had the upper hand. Plus he's got guenhwyvar to harrass the spell casters.

But if you could get the drop on him sure and a few well timed spells, and good tactics is enough to bring almost any foe down.

But lets not forget that Drizzt doesn't travel alone(Bruenor, Wolfgar, Cattie-Brie, Regis and sometimes the gutbusters LOL)

Crothian

First Post
Vexed said:
I would have to agree. Not sure what i would change, but as he is presented, a mid level group 9-11 could take him down fairly easily. Not good for what is presented as one of the baddest swordsmen in the realms.

A realistic group as can be expected using the books? No, they'd lose. A tweaked out group would win, though.

Remove ads