• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Droids for companion/property & Droid Heroes

Degwerks

First Post
I've gotten somewhat confused on Droids listed in both the Saga Core book and the Scavengers guide and a few questions.
It shows stats for the droids in 2 forms, one with class levels and the other without. Both forms show the same hitpoints and damage thresholds though. This confuses me to no end. In particular I'm looking at the GY-I Information Analysis Droid. Which stat blocks do you use?

I was, as a potential character purchase for a Noble, to buy a few droids with my Wealth talent and earned credits. I was looking for a pilot droid with some basic utility functions that I could purchase, so I or the other members didn't have to waste skills/feats on some things. However, I noticed how a GY-I could be customized as a Financial Wizard, now I'm looking at hard at that to increase my credits gained from the Noble's Wealth talent. In effect the financial wizard mod for the GY-I allows you treat your Noble level as 2 higher for purposes of gaining credits through the Wealth Talent.

Which would be better off for me: 1. Buying a GY-I with my Noble and customizing it into a Financial Wizard and other upgrades OR 2. Playing a Droid Hero and taking Noble as a class and upgrading myself as a Financial Wizard etc...

I'm new to this so all the droid customizing and being a droid hero itself is confusing. Would being a Droid Hero, taking Noble as a Class, and having the Wealth talent allow me to use the Financial Wizard upgrade/mod to allow me to treat my levels in Noble as 2 higher for the credits gained each level as well? If so, I'd re-skin/fluff the Wealth talent to be some kind of Galactic Stock Exchange dividends that are paid out to me each level up.

Remove ads