• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drow Cleric/Rogue required feedback.

LordMonty

First Post
I posted on my early ideas for this character so thanks to all who commented my character is now nearing some level of completion but i still have many nagging feelings in the back of my mind.

Key: My job as a level 5 toon will be to be off healer and maybe be primary party rogue as well. Aiming for Eye of Lolth from Drow of the underdark.

Key issues to point out is i'm not being charged for the Drow racial mod, i loose 2 con insted having sort of died and been something else, its in my backstory which is cool but i won't share for lack of time to type it at the moment. Also much to my confusion we're now using pathfinder/3.75 as the rules core which i could do with some advice on although i now own the book i am now at all fully briefed on it(i know thats a different forum but this kind of falls into both 3.5 and pathfinder). So in all that Please consider my nubness and read on.

CN female lvl3 Rogue, Lvl2 Cloistered Cleric of Lolth
(um unearthed arcana & pathfinder? it seems ok, is it?)

str 14
dex 18
con 14
int 20
wis 16
cha 15

Domains:
Drow - gives lighting reflexes
Trickery - bonus rogueish skills
Knowledge - all knowledge skills

feats:
Craven
Knowledge
Dragon Touched
Draconic Heritage (bronze)
Lighting Reflexes - domain
Weapon Finess -from pather rogue rules

Flaws: (Unearthed Arcana ok but am wondering with this pathfinder ruling?)
Shakey
(another undecided) - not sure what to hit but i think its worth it

Trait:
Nightsighted (+10ft darkvision, 1-spot/perception) not sure if its worth it for 130ft darkvison?

Skills are long winded so to be brief they are set up to pathfinder rules maxed knowlege skills and all key rogue abilities. got 100 exactly so got loads and spend widly.

So there it is pretty good, I think should be able to off heal and do solid damage while filling all thr rogue requirements. But at high levels i worry about staying solid on both damage and healing.

Where i'm gonig with this is aimed mostly at Eye of Lolth as the hybrid prestige class it is, but to keep my toon doing its jobs i've looked at Seeker of the lonely island upto possibley level 4(from complete divine) and Complentive for just 1 level(same book). I just worry about loosing to many caster levels to Eye of Lolth?
Feat wise i've got a fair few but the next few with be from this choice...
Augment healing (compete divine)
Sacred boost (compete divine)
Sacred healing (compete divine)
Magic of the land (races of the wild)
Touch of healing (complete champion)
Dragon frie strike (dragon magic)
Dragonic Aura -intiative one (dragon magic)
Neraph charge (planar handbook)
Staggering strikes (complete adventurer)
Deepening darkness (races of Farun)
Um so thats lots of feats anyone able to give me a quick slap to tell me which are worth it and which are not i'm a little lost for what to take next...

Thats damned lot of info i'm just getting confued so any help out there for me or should i see how it goes and roll with the punches as it were and learn from how well we do with healing/damage?

Any advice would be nice thanks and hopefully i get my job done and no one dies... well except those i want to :)

Last edited:

Nebten

First Post
1) You should be smacked for calling your "character" a "toon." It is just wrong. Its like typing in CAPS on message boards or chat rooms.
2) Have you talked to your DM if you can channel positive energy? The problem is that Lolth is an evil god. Even though your character is CN, worshiping an evil god (by the book) you must channel negative energy thus you can only auto convert into Inflect spells. That will cause a big problem with your clerical or healing abilities. I would get that checked out first before continuing forward as the role of a "healer."

LordMonty

First Post
1) You should be smacked for calling your "character" a "toon." It is just wrong. Its like typing in CAPS on message boards or chat rooms.
2) Have you talked to your DM if you can channel positive energy? The problem is that Lolth is an evil god. Even though your character is CN, worshiping an evil god (by the book) you must channel negative energy thus you can only auto convert into Inflect spells. That will cause a big problem with your clerical or healing abilities. I would get that checked out first before continuing forward as the role of a "healer."

Fair point my charater will be hence forth be know as character :)

But on the Lolth matter it may change without great detail there are a few plot hooks and also we're not in Faerun i'm geting the feeling it may be a realm some where far away from Lolth so I might be able to get away with the healing but yes there is a lot I will discuss with my GM on friday, as in planes walking may be at play :p

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads