• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drow Cloud of Darkness and Darkfire, one or both?

Gloombunny

First Post
Okay, then substitute the dragonborn feats that require the dragon breath racial power or the eladrin feats that require fey step. The point still stands, it's not an error in the feat, it's a buffer against potential rules incompatibilities later on.
Indeed; at some point they'll start scraping the bottom of the barrel of races and have to resort to half-drow and half-eladrin and gods know what else. So writing the other racial feats the same way they wrote the elf ones just makes sense.

Indeed; at some point they'll start scraping the bottom of the barrel of races and have to resort to half-drow and half-eladrin and gods know what else. So writing the other racial feats the same way they wrote the elf ones just makes sense.
Actually, I think it's more likely that at some point we'll see alternative racial features.

Okay, your point still stands, too. I just didn't like the cynicism.

Zsig

Explorer
Yeah, just consider the Half-elf

They can get feats from both humans and elves alike. Any given feat that has the "Elven Accuracy" ability as pre-requisite is not a choice for them.

The same thing will happen when lets say, a Half-drow race shows up.

hawkwing2k5

First Post
yes since they had half drow and half what ever else in previous editions. It is weird but it makes sense in a certain light (a poorly lit torch).

Anyways it will make more sense when we see more books out later this year and next year. I also thought that there is a way to get other racial feats. Example through good background, Im a dwarf raised by humans. DM may allow for said dwarf take a feat or two if a good story this racial pre req kinda blocks that idear. However as always its our game we can do what we want.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads