• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drow Tactics

Dwarf Bread

First Post
I'm a GM of a level 17 3.5 party who recently took a whirlwind tour through the Underdark. It was obvious from the reactions of some of my veteran players that I under-played the drow in terms of tactics and abilities.

During their visit, the party managed to anger huge numbers of drow. Some of them will be venturing to the surface (or using more remote methods) to attempt to destroy the PCs.

What are some of your favorite tactics/abilities/class combos to use with drow as antagonists? If you were sending drow death-squads after your party, what tricks would you have up your sleeve? (I'm not looking for a TPK; I just want to see beads of sweat appear on their foreheads when they realize this time it won't be a cakewalk).

Thanks in advance!

Dwarf Bread

Dark Jezter

First Post
Tell your players to take a chill pill.

A party of 17th-level PCs are capable of taking on entire armies of typical soldiers (1st level warrior NPCs), be they are human or drow. It's not surprising at all that your players managed to mop the floor with the drow.

Back to the subject of this thread, typical drow tactics in most FR novels I've read can be described as follows: Shoot your enemies with sleep darts, kill your enemies, then start (literally) stabbing each other in the back. ;)

Remove ads