• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drow Tiefling Paladin

garyhampster

First Post
so i love over teh top characters and a friend wants to play a Drow Tiefling Paladin with a rather warped/questionable code of ethics... and i love it.
here is what we have so far (any help is loved/wanted/needed) in addition to the standard code of ethics she has these as well.
1. if she sees someone wearing a cowl or a mask she will chase them down and tackle them... for they are obiously up ot no good hiding thier face from the world.
2. if someone runs away while being questioned/talked too... it is punishable by a tackle atleast (you are obiously guilty of something if you cant hold up to a few questions)
3. if she (the drow) does wrong she will cut her self with her holy avenger dagger. (if she uses the dagger on someone else it counts as defiling her code of conduct, if she loses this dagger she will flip out and find it for in her mind it is the only thing that makes all teh evil in her stay at bay.)
4. she loses her special mount and gains a sneak attack every 3 lvls... but feals realy bad about using it.
5. she constintly cast detect evil on herself to make sure she is on the right path

her weapon of choice is the pick axe... the longsword is to pure of a weapon for her to wield... her armour is black to show her views on herself and her shield is wrapped in black leather to show that she is dishonored.

any help/laughs/advice/ect will be accepted and respected...
any flaming/violent 'no...no...no...' will be ignored and she will smite you for obviously one so full of negitivity is evil.!

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
You may not be a native English speaker, so let me try to salvage this. I think this is what you wanted to say. Hopefully we'll get you some replies.

A Translation For Garyhampster
====================================================================

So I love over-the-top characters, and a friend wants to play a Drow Tiefling Paladin with a rather warped and questionable code of ethics... and i love it.

Here is what we have so far (any help is appreciated/wanted/needed). In addition to the standard code of ethics she has these as well:

1. If she sees someone wearing a cowl, or a mask, she will chase him down and tackle him... for he is obviously up to no good, since he is hiding his face from the world.

2. If you run away while being questioned or talked too by an authority figure, such an action is punishable by her tackling you, if not worse. You are obiously guilty of something if you can't hold up to a few questions.

3. If she (the drow) does wrong, she will cut herself with her holy avenger dagger. If she uses the dagger on someone else, it counts as defiling her code of conduct. If she loses this dagger, she will flip out since, in her mind, it is the only thing that keeps the natural evilness of her soul stay at bay.

4. She loses her special mount and gains a sneak attack every 3 levels, but feels really guilty when forced to use it.

5. She constantly casts detect evil on herself to make sure she is on the right path.

Her weapon of choice is the pick axe. She believes that the longsword is too pure of a weapon for her to wield. Her armour is black to show how she views herself, and she wraps her shield in black leather when she feels dishonored.

Any help, jokes, advice, etc. will be accepted and respected.

Any flaming or violent comments will be ignored and then I will send her to smite you, for anyone so obviously full of negativity is evil!

Krelios

First Post
A few things.

1) Tiefling is not a template; you're either a Drow or a Tiefling, not both.
2) That Code of Conduct isn't really compatible with the Paladin's Code of Conduct. Particularly the respecting the dignity of creatures. If someone happens to be wearing a mask and she just up and tackles him, I think that's pretty disrespectful.
3) This is a very silly concept in general for a masochist paladin that runs around tackling people.

Numion

First Post
What is it with all the tackling? Is the pally going for NFL?

Anyway, add two scimitars to the mix, they're not too good for any drow.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I wonder if it's possible to have a half drow, half tiefling. Maybe a fiendish drow? I would imagine it would likely be an NPC rather than a PC, but if the DM allows it, the other players don't mind it, and everyone enjoys the game, then I suppose everything is fine. I'm not sure it would be my kind of game, but then again I haven't seen it in live play.

tenkar

Old School Blogger
A Paladin with a sneak attack... but feels really bad about using it... Uhm, Hello? Is this thing on?

That isn't a Lawful Good Paladin that I've ever seen. Lose the Steed, stab people in the back (probably after tackling them). Lets not forget tackling nearly everyone they come across... heh

At least the Pally will be detecting evil on themselves constantly. Course, it will never work, as they blew their Code with the first tackle. Hence, they will never detect evil on themselves ;)

Edit: I just noticed the dagger used to deface herself is a Holy Avenger... but not too be used other then self mutilation.

The pain! The pain!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads