• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drug addiction, possible spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knut

First Post
Well, this is my first post here (Hello, hello.) so I'm not entirely sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum, so sorry if it is.

(Right, not sure if the below "thing" is a part of the campaign or if it's my evil dm being, well, evil. So, Possible Spoiler Alert.)

To the question/problem.
Well, to make a long story short, my level 3 fighter got involuntarily addicted (His ale must have been spiked) to a drug called "Tekkil"(Effect seems to be loss of feeling). Now my character is not very happy about this as he is planing on becoming a rifleman (prestige class in Iron Kingdoms), and being a drug addict is not a desirable feat for someone who is supposed to be able to hold his rifle steady and pull off sniping shots. So what I'm trying to figure out is a way to get rid of the addiction, or, if all else fails, make it fit with my character becoming a rifleman.

Any suggestion is appreciated. ;)

Edit - Meh.

Last edited:

Arthur Tealeaf

First Post
Evil DM here:D

Mwahaha!

Knut, it's "Tekkil" not "Tekkel!

No spoiler either! Because I rock!

And just to make sure, they are playing the Witchfire trilogy, and are just starting off on the second adventure, so don't reveal no secrets!

EDIT: Stupid git corrected the spelling of "Tekkil" just to make me look stupid! You better watch your ass next session Knut!

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
Don't snipers take Diazepam ( Valium ) to relax thier muscles before taking difficult shots? Or did Metal gear solid just make that up? ;)

Drunken Master

First Post
tekkil's no good. you gotta kick that junk.
the good stuff is kammarth!
no major negative side effects, and the addiction is low (DC 10 Will save)!
primary effect: expeditious retreat for 1d4+1 minutes
secondary effect: +2 alchemical bonus to Dex for the duration of primary effect.

stacks w/ cat's grace, too! i have a character who swears by it (never been addicted to it, either).

Arthur Tealeaf

First Post
frankthedm said:
Don't snipers take Diazepam ( Valium ) to relax thier muscles before taking difficult shots? Or did Metal gear solid just make that up? ;)

You have a point... Wonder if this (Tekkil) would work the same...?

EDIT: clarifyyy!

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
Aren't teckel dogs ? How could have drank a dog without noticing ? :confused:

More seriously, though, neutralize poison seems the most appropriate way to get rid of an addiction. Depending on the exact nature of the drug, remove curse (for a drug with a magical addictive effect) or remove disease (for really weird drugs that would actually be symbiotic or parasitic bacterias) may be used instead. You may also try to get virtues (that save-boosting clerical orison) to help stave off desire to take it (Will save).

Drunken Master

First Post
from lords of darkness:

the effect of the drug itself is treated like a poison - neutralize poison, for example, would stop the drug's current effects, but not restore any ability damage.
restoration or lesser restoration is needed to heal any ability score damage.
if you're addicted to the drug, then remove disease will get you to recover from the addiction.
heal or greater restoration causes recovery from addiction and restores all ability damage.

mmkay? drugs are bad.
except kammarth.

Arthur Tealeaf

First Post
Arr, his character doesn't know that much about healing magic!

A priest cured his blindness though (magical blindness) so he knows it can be powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads