• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Druid Character help

Dingo333

First Post
So, I have a few questions and I am hoping for some help

First, what shapes are best for wild shape. I am level 7, and need some idea what will be best until level 10, at which point large air elemental will be best as I can use call lightning and call lightning storm for xd10 damage

Secondly, my main combat plan is spell cast. Ball lightning/Call Lightning will take up my turn. But once those spells run dry I am thinking Flame Blade/Barkskin for decent damage and armor. My question on this front is can I use my dex with the touch attack without weapon finesse or do I still need it or can I not use finesse with the blade?

On a side note, can I still use the flame blade as an air elemental?

Thanks for the answers

Mr.E_Danger

First Post
1. I am currently playing a lvl 7 druid myself, and i am generally always a Dire Tiger. they get three primary natural attacks, bite and two claws (both with grab). they also have pounce, so you can charge and do a full round attack. they also have rake, which allows you to attack while grappling. however rake will not work till lvl 8. Plus they are large, so they have reach.

2. I am not sure about flame blade and the finese question. I assume that if you are shaped into something that does not have hands, flame blade will not work. Instead try these Spells:

Strong Jaw, lvl 4, which moves all natural attacks up two levels. So as a dire tiger your bite is 2d6 and your claws are 2d4 each, so then you go up two levels to make your bite 4d6 and claws 3d6. that is a pretty kick ass spell.

Flame Sphere, lvl 2, only 3d6 damage, but you can move it as a move action and it stays around for quite a few rounds and burns stuff.

Spider Climb, lvl 2, doesn't do damage, but allows you to walk on ceilings and walls, great if you are in a corridor and others are blcoking your path. it lasts 10 min per lvl.

Ball Lighting, lvl 4, makes two balls of flying lighting that deal 3d6 damage each. can be moved as a move action. if you hit a creature wiht both, that's 6d6 damage. so could be good.

Ice Storm/Volcano Storm, lvl 4, great range and 5d6 damage. obscures view and or makes difficult terrain.

Remove ads